Home – New Forums Tech talk #hashtags

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    wickstim
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    ::

I use Twitter for professional learning and connecting/networking. Anyone use a flyingsolo type hashtag, or know of a hashtag that is ‘start up’ oriented?

Btw, #flyingsolo is mainly made up of people resigning themselves to being single after a break up, or being lonely/going it alone, so that one is no good.

#startup looks good

Anyone got a hashtag to share?

Jodie McLeod
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

Hi wickstim,

Great idea! Why not #flyingsoloau so as to distinguish micro business owners from singles?

#microbusiness yields a few – but mostly from just a few accounts.

Open to suggestion!

Jodie

wickstim
    Up
    FS Editor, post: 127349 wrote:
    Hi wickstim,

Great idea! Why not #flyingsoloau so as to distinguish micro business owners from singles?

#microbusiness yields a few – but mostly from just a few accounts.

Open to suggestion!

Jodie

Hi Jodie, thanks, I use hootsuite to follow several hashtags, and I like it because it is cloud based, so I can access it from any device, just need to log in.

Yes, I think #flyingsoloau is a winner, happy to hear a few more suggestions, but
    #flyingsoloau is pretty good, and most importantly, not being used by others.

I have followed #startup but is covers a broad range of topics, hard to find info that is relevant to me. That is why I think #flyingsoloau will work for me, it will be an ongoing conversation, a sharing of great links, a place to ask the quick question for those of us that are flying solo in Australia.

Jodie McLeod
    Up

Hi Wickstims,

I thought we’d get a few more suggestions by now but seems we’re leading the charge on this one! FS F&O director Sam suggested we use #solobiz and I think it’s a great idea – it’s shorter and means we don’t have to repeat our name in tweets. I’ll make a point of starting it from now and let the community know.

Cheers

Jodie

Jodie McLeod
    Up

Hi Wickstim,

FYI I just tweeted that we’ll be using the hashtag #solobiz from now on to link everything solo/micro business related. Thanks so much for prompting us to do this!

Cheers

Jodie

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    wickstim, post: 127337 wrote:
    I use Twitter for professional learning and connecting/networking. Anyone use a flyingsolo type hashtag, or know of a hashtag that is ‘start up’ oriented?

Btw, #flyingsolo is mainly made up of people resigning themselves to being single after a break up, or being lonely/going it alone, so that one is no good.

#startup looks good

Anyone got a hashtag to share?On another note, has anyone accidentally typed flyingsolo.com and forgot the au? It takes you to a divorce lawyer.

I wonder if he checks his stats and wonders why Australians are always looking at his site.

wickstim
    Up
    FS Editor, post: 128929 wrote:
    Hi Wickstim,

FYI I just tweeted that we’ll be using the hashtag #solobiz from now on to link everything solo/micro business related. Thanks so much for prompting us to do this!

Thanks Jodie, I am a social media junkie, so it was a no brainer from my end. I have been using #solobiz a bit, and am looking forward to more FS patrons using it.

Something to note: it is important to let people know that it is not a marketing channel. It should be thought of more as a professional learning and networking environment, otherwise it will lose relevance and punters will stop reading it.

Hashtags are a very important part of my day/learning, so I am really keen to see it work.

Jodie McLeod
    Up
    wickstim, post: 128996 wrote:
    Thanks Jodie, I am a social media junkie, so it was a no brainer from my end. I have been using #solobiz a bit, and am looking forward to more FS patrons using it.

Something to note: it is important to let people know that it is not a marketing channel. It should be thought of more as a professional learning and networking environment, otherwise it will lose relevance and punters will stop reading it.

Hashtags are a very important part of my day/learning, so I am really keen to see it work.

Thanks for the tip Wickstim,

I will keep an eye on it and possible announce it in the next Friday enewsletter.

Have a great weekend,

Jodie

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.