Home Forums Starting your journey Have you had a business that is b2b AND b2c?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Justin Laju
    • Total posts: 89
    FS Forum Support, post: 220614, member: 49676 wrote:
    But to Coles, you’ll be selling profits, margins, reliability, quantity, an established brand, etc.

Haha, yeh, I like that…Tim Tams :)

And to the pharma, medical, and dental industries you’d be selling a myriad of disease symptomology reduction protocols $$$$ lol – profits all round!

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485

But and this is why I still struggle with this thread, at the end of the day what you are selling to either consumer (or business to get technical), is a benefit, yes the benefit is different even for the same product, but you are just selling the benefit,

And to me that is why a lot of people have problems, they think I only sell to a customer, therefore I cant sell to a business. Wrong, it is just a case of pitching the right benefit. If you can sell to a consumer, you can sell to a business. Janee’s whole question was she didn’t think it was feasible going to both b2c and b2b. And the big answer is YES it is, just sell the benefit to whichever client it is, forget that they are a business per se.

Don’t get tied up with Jargon, get tied up with what your clients benefit will be.

@HeatherSmithAU
    • Total posts: 525
    aaron.miller, post: 220233, member: 55775 wrote:
    I have both business and personal customers, either way your still dealing with one person who is the buyer, the only difference is how they typically pay for the order. So I don’t believe in having a different b2b website to a b2c website, sure the b2b customer might get wholesale rates but they still order thru the same website.

Hi Aaron – so person sees both retail and wholesale price – is that a problem?

bb1
    Participant
    @HeatherSmithAU, post: 220758, member: 62 wrote:
    Hi Aaron – so person sees both retail and wholesale price – is that a problem?

A lot of the wholesalers I deal with have one website, but do retail and wholesale pricing. Resellers such as myself, just login, and see the same products, we just get the wholesale pricing.

@HeatherSmithAU

So Bert – O presume you have an account with them – you log on – and you DON’t see the retail price. You see one single price and that is the WHOLESALE price. If the volume you purchase increases – does the discount you receive also increase?

@HeatherSmithAU

Hi Bert – I sent you a private message – Heather

bb1
    Participant
    @HeatherSmithAU, post: 220766, member: 62 wrote:
    So Bert – O presume you have an account with them – you log on – and you DON’t see the retail price. You see one single price and that is the WHOLESALE price. If the volume you purchase increases – does the discount you receive also increase?
    When I log into my account, they only give me the wholesale pricing. but I just check what the retail pricing is before I log in.

One gives me a percentage off based on $ value of the purchase, the others I haven’t purchased enough to see how the websites deal with volume discounts, not sure if they offer any further discounts.

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167

I see them as two different client bases. For example I offer three different types of services on the one site and that’s obvious on the front page of my site:
    1. is providing virtual assistant support to business owners and individuals
    2. is providing a network to VAs who want to connect with clients and other VAs, and,
    3. is providing a coaching course to those who want to become a VA.

So I’m marketing to both clients who need VA support and VAs who need clients.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.