Home – New Forums Tech talk Have you heard of “Share Your Cart”?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    • Total posts: 459
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

I’m just surfing WordPress plug-ins and came across this one:

ShareYourCart™ helps you get more customers by motivating satisfied customers to talk with their friends about your products. Each customer that promotes your products, via social media, will receive a coupon that they can apply to their shopping cart in order to get a small discount.

You can choose how much of a discount to give (in fixed amount, percentage, or free shipping) and to which social media channels it should be applied. You can also define what the advertisement should say, so that it fully benefits your sales.

Has anyone heard of it before and tried it? Apparently it’s still in BETA.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Mel

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

Sounds like an interesting idea for big businesses. But for us smaller ones, we can simply ask for a testimonial. No?

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    Up

I don’t see why it’s only a good idea for big businesses. They are more established and don’t really need that kind “marketing”. Well, maybe they do but in a different way.

Yes, testimonials are a great way too but (depending on how this Share Your Cart system works) I think SYC is a great way to gain more brand awareness, in particular for a start-up who is still fairly unknown to the world.

What do others say?

Kind regards,
    Mel

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi Mel,

There is a Flying Solo member who is doing something similar. You can see his thread here. Might be a good idea to hit him up for some more advice.

I think it’s a good idea – it certainly can’t hurt!

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    Up

Hi Matt,

Thanks for that link. Looks like this Social Shout is a bit more complicated and could distract buyers.
    Let’s hope Share your cart is simpler than that. Will have a look at incorporating it in my WordPress site on the weekend and see how it goes.

Regards,
    Mel

Andrei
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi Guys,

Let me help you out here.

@IncredibleCo

IncredibleCo, post: 118565 wrote:
    Sounds like an interesting idea for big businesses. But for us smaller ones, we can simply ask for a testimonial. No?

Yes, you asked, and we listened. Here you can find a list of such testimonials from similar small businesses. http://www.shareyourcart.com/testimonials

@Fingerfood

Fingerfood, post: 118641 wrote:
    I don’t see why it’s only a good idea for big businesses. They are more established and don’t really need that kind “marketing”. Well, maybe they do but in a different way.

Yes, testimonials are a great way too but (depending on how this Share Your Cart system works) I think SYC is a great way to gain more brand awareness, in particular for a start-up who is still fairly unknown to the world.

What do others say?

Kind regards,
    Mel

The purpose of ShareYourCart is to increase the conversion rate of simple visitors to actual buyers, AND to gain more buyers from within their friends, so yes, it is a good tool for brand awareness.

@Fingerfood

Fingerfood, post: 118677 wrote:
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for that link. Looks like this Social Shout is a bit more complicated and could distract buyers.
    Let’s hope Share your cart is simpler than that. Will have a look at incorporating it in my WordPress site on the weekend and see how it goes.

Regards,
    Mel

You can install one of the ShareYourCart plugins at http://www.shareyourcart.com/compatible-shopping-carts or try it out even faster by having a LIVE DEMO directly on your websites in 30 seconds. http://sandbox.shareyourcart.com/

Please feel free to contact us at http://www.shareyourcart.com/contact for any questions and support.

Regards,
    Andrei

Blue Jet
    • Total posts: 189
    Up

That’s a cool plugin I will definitely use it on my test site

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for joining the forum and for sharing those links.

I gather you’re a representative of the business in question? To help make that clear in any future threads you contribute to, we’d be grateful if you could please update your forum signature to reflect that. (Do that via Control Panel, which is accessed from the grey bar above the forum).

Thanks very much, and welcome aboard.
    Jayne

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.