Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Have you used your 1st year anniversary as a marketing opportunity?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    innerchildyoga.com.au
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I run a kids yoga business and later this month will be celebrating my first year in business – whoo-hoo! Excited and a little relieved to have made it through that tough first year.

My questions is, did you use this milestone as marketing opportunity? Surviving the first year is a reason to make a lot of social media noise, however my concern is that it could have a negative impact as 1 year is still young for a company. Is it wise to draw attention towards this milestone? What are your thoughts?

I’d love to hear from all you seasoned Soloist’s and welcome all your advice and tips.

Thank you :)

Katie

eatyourveggies
    • Total posts: 62
    Up

Celebrate!

To get noticed, you run promotions / sales / events. If you note down the reasons for many promotions / sales / events… they’re really quite silly…. people have sales for “mid autumn”, and “melbourne cup”… ANY reason to have a sale… so there’s a reason to send an email, put up a poster, etc.

Been around for 1 year is actually a great / legitimate reason to have a promotion or event. Sure, we’d all like to stay we’re a 100 year old company, but 1 year is great for a business and I highly doubt anyone will think, “Only one year?? My child should go there!”

And for each of your customers who don’t get how hard getting to one year is, just have another wine, and enjoy it some more :)

eatyourveggies
    • Total posts: 62
    Up

In fact… here’s one that came though on email just now…

The 11/11 sale. Really? On Remembrance day, you run a sale? Bad reason in my opinion. BUT… we need any reason we can to remind people we’re open for business I suppose.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Go for it I say. Any excuse to make an announcement is a good idea. There’s nothing wrong with being 1 yo it probably means you’re enthusiastic, innovative, fresh, etc.

Plus it’s good to practice being exactly who you are. Anytime you try to mask the truth of your business you give up authenticity in my opinion. :)

Dave
    P.S. Congrats that’s a massive achievement!

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

The 11/11 sale. Really? On Remembrance day, you run a sale? Bad reason in my opinion. BUT… we need any reason we can to remind people we’re open for business I suppose.

I doubt that’s the reason. 11/11 started as singles day in China and has become a worldwide juggernaut. Sales in China alone on this day are crazy. Last year Alibaba alone racked up USD$14 billion in sales on the day through its various channels.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Don’t take 1 year old as a negative, use it to show you are still vibrant, not boring and stale like those much older business’s.

Definitely celebrate, it would be one of the hardest periods in any new business, showcase it…

Kokoronkwo
    • Total posts: 27
    Up

Yes definitely celebrate! Why not just celebrate your anniversary (ie; no number) if the 1year bothers you at all. But yes you should be very proud. And what a great business – kids yoga :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.