Home – New Forums Starting your journey Hell In The Hallway

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Startafreshlife
    • Total posts: 35
    Up
    ::

I love that saying one door opens and another one closes. I believe it with all my heart, it is just, sometimes it can be “hell in the hallway” while you are waiting for that door to open on the other side.

Not only do you have to stand still, be calm and wait for your change to come to fruition you are also tempted to return to the warm, familiar and easy door behind you while waiting in that hallway.

I have decided to take a leap of faith and leave a successful corporate life to follow my passion of life coaching and return home to Tasmania.

“What are you going to do?” I hear you ask……”I am doing it!”, I reply.

On good days I truly believe that, but some days I wonder “What was I thinking?” when I told my boss that as of March I was leaving the company and returning home.

I reflected on my values and even started developing the creative side of my brain and drew my future vision. What do you know none of it involves money. It all involves a simplified life with family, friends and being connected with my community.

So leap I did, but what I have found is it is not enough for me to be passionate about life coaching, it is not enough to know I am a good coach, it is not enough to want to have my own business.

So here I sit in the hallway waiting for the door to open with my first paying client, not to mention my trek back to Tassie.

What I have learnt is you need to:

• Believe and be brave while standing in the hallway
    • Research and be flexible with your target market
    • Network until you can network no more as there is amazing support out there
    • Focus on what you are doing so you don’t get overwhelmed with the information
    • Plan, plan and plan some more
    • Put yourself out there and take on the feedback you receive from people who have been successful

But more importantly never give up and lean on your network to help you through those tough days as they will be the ones cheering when that door opens and your first client walks through that door. Join me on my journey and share your story with me I would love to have some company in this hallway.

GuestMember
    • Total posts: 318
    Up

You’ve learned a lot and thanks for sharing!

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

The other thing I would add to the very top of your list.

* Have faith in yourself, and make the jump into the hallway.

The number of people who don’t even enter the hallway, because they fear what may be in there, and would rather stay in the safe comfort of what they know. You have opened that door, that’s the start of journey

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Personally, i am curious if the light is on in the hallway?

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Startafreshlife
    Up
    Paul Peace, post: 222529, member: 54653 wrote:
    You’ve learned a lot and thanks for sharing!
    Startafreshlife
    Up

Hi Paul…thank you so much for your comments, have been to your Facebook page and signed up. Have read a couple of stories and resilience seems to be a key theme. So I give myself permission to be resilient. Thank you.

Startafreshlife
    Up
    bb1, post: 222560, member: 53375 wrote:
    The other thing I would add to the very top of your list.

* Have faith in yourself, and make the jump into the hallway.

The number of people who don’t even enter the hallway, because they fear what may be in there, and would rather stay in the safe comfort of what they know. You have opened that door, that’s the start of journey

I agree Bert. If you don’t have faith in yourself how can you expect others to have faith in you. I see the hallway as a good place on most days, a place to give yourself space to grow and discover before finding your true path. Although it was difficult for me to leap, I know I am in the right place and time for me now. Enjoy your feedback as always.

GuestMember
    • Total posts: 318
    Up
    Startafreshlife, post: 222565, member: 69397 wrote:
    Hi Paul…thank you so much for your comments, have been to your Facebook page and signed up. Have read a couple of stories and resilience seems to be a key theme. So I give myself permission to be resilient. Thank you.
    Yeah, that’s a very common theme in the stories. I look forward to our connection.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.