• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    1911naomi
    • Total posts: 124
    Up
    ::

Hi, figured i have written a few posts the last few weeks so should introduce myself.

I have previously had an interest in property investing and this has been my passion while i was working in the bank the past 8 years.

Now I’ve been on maternity leave for the past 15 months and time is running out before i should start thinking of returning to work.

Ive always wanted to start my own business and have been racking my brain on what i could do/sell that i am passionate about and now I’ve found that perfect thing (hopefully others love it too).

So fingers crossed all goes well but i am loving using my brain again:) and looking into everything possible to do with starting an online business.

Love reading all the posts and advice here and glad i found this forum.

EcommerceTools
    • Total posts: 24
    Up

Hey Naomi,

Hopefully you come up with a great concept and if you will be posting your site on the forum I’ll be looking forward to seeing it!

If you need any help or advice we offer completely free and impartial 1-on-1 eCommerce consultations to help new online business owners like yourself.

Good luck!
    Nick

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Naomi,

Welcome aboard! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself, and we look forward to hearing about your new venture. :)

Dave

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi and welcome

Exciting times for you, planning a small business for the online world. I too look forward to hearing about what you have planned.

checkvault
    • Total posts: 112
    Up
    1911naomi, post: 207936 wrote:
    Hi, figured i have written a few posts the last few weeks so should introduce myself.

I have previously had an interest in property investing and this has been my passion while i was working in the bank the past 8 years.

Now I’ve been on maternity leave for the past 15 months and time is running out before i should start thinking of returning to work.

Ive always wanted to start my own business and have been racking my brain on what i could do/sell that i am passionate about and now I’ve found that perfect thing (hopefully others love it too).

So fingers crossed all goes well but i am loving using my brain again:) and looking into everything possible to do with starting an online business.

Love reading all the posts and advice here and glad i found this forum.

What’s the perfect thing you found to sell? You mentioned that you were figuring out what you’d enjoy selling, but I couldn’t figure out what it was. Or is it still in the works?

In any case, I can very well relate to your excitement. All the best. Stay disciplined is what I can say.

Look forward to hearing good updates.

Cheers,

Prathamesh

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    checkvault, post: 208000 wrote:
    What’s the perfect thing you found to sell? You mentioned that you were figuring out what you’d enjoy selling, but I couldn’t figure out what it was. Or is it still in the works?

In any case, I can very well relate to your excitement. All the best. Stay disciplined is what I can say.

Look forward to hearing good updates.

Cheers,

Prathamesh

Howdy Prathamesh,

Seen your intro, sweet.. hope all is well?

Re the perfect thing to sell, you dont see a lot of peeps in the forum disclose too much about what they do.. This can vary for many reasons, such as:
    – some feel it is important not to disclose in fear of others pilfering the idae
    – the uncertainty of it all
    – are new and not sure about who is in here
    – its an open forum that anyone can read
    – not relevant for the advice provided, in most situations
    – and they dont know us :)

Really, i find it more to do with human nature and not individuals that we come from a culture of not sharing nor disclosing things such as ideas or on some occasions even our names in forums :( although as some people get comfortable in an environment more is disclosed)…

Sorry, went off on a little side conversation as i just find humanity quite interesting..

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    1911naomi
    Up

Thanks everyone.
    I hope to have the site up and running n 8 weeks if all goes fairly smoothly.
    Will let you know then
    :)
    I should also say “perfect product” considering I’m passionate about it and also perfect for my target market – not everyone.
    Stay tuned if you have kids

1911naomi
    Up
    1911naomi, post: 208011 wrote:
    Thanks everyone.
    I hope to have the site up and running n 8 weeks if all goes fairly smoothly.
    Will let you know then
    :)
    I should also say “perfect product” considering I’m passionate about it and also perfect for my target market – not everyone.
    Stay tuned if you have kids

Why does starting a business take so long:)))))

All is going well (fingers crossed) but I’m still another 4 weeks till the product is ready to ship and then shipping will take another 3 weeks.

Just launched my Facebook page but i want to start selling!!!!!

(just a vent)

Tracey G
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

Hi Naomi,

Isn’t it funny how slowly time passes when you’ve got something exciting coming up. :)

I’m sure the next few weeks will pass before you know it, and you’ll be very busy once it’s all underway.

It would be great to see the link to your Facebook page now that you have set it up.

Cheers,
    Tracey

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.