• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Prins
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I’m Prins and together with my wife we just started a small cleaning business in Melbourne. I’m glad I found this forum…still have a lot of questions about running our own business.

angelarodgers
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

Hi Prins,

Welcome to FS! Congrats on starting your own business. I’m in business with my husband, Stewart, and in my opinion, it is seriously the best when you can work with your spouse. Some other couples may disagree though :-)

Anyway, this forum will be a great resource for you as you are starting out, along with all the articles on the site. Please feel free to post a thread with any questions you may have – there’s plenty of experts on here ready to help.

Oh, and make sure you add your signature to your profile. That way, we can always see who you are with each post. If you have a website or social media link, you could include it in there!

All the best,

Angela

Prins
    Up

Thanks Angela for the warm welcome.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Welcome aboard Prins! I love your quote. :)

Dave

allyoop
    • Total posts: 24
    Up

Hi prins i to run a cleaning business with my husband we started three years ago with one client and slowly grew from there we service private clients and small business clients its all about networking and word of mouth we also networked with a couple of real estate agents so they took us on board for all of there end of lease cleans

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

I have spent the last 30 years cleaning, from house cleaning office cleaning pressure cleaning carpet cleaning window cleaning and common area cleaning. I retired almost 8 years ago yet I am still very much involved with the industry.
    Training is available within the industry, so once you’ve established your self look at some of the training courses that are available.
    Asset maintenance cleaning is a start and as you grow build on from there. There is also a trade show in Melbourne in September run by the NCSA National Cleaning Suppliers Association and it is a great venue to ask questions and chat with the experts
    Be prepared to enjoy cleaning and think as it as you are getting paid to stay fit.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Burgo, post: 214525, member: 58 wrote:
    Be prepared to enjoy cleaning and think as it as you are getting paid to stay fit.

Burgo, funny that, that’s what I often say to my clients as they are running out the door to go to a gym that they pay membership for. I mention that I am actually getting paid by them to get fit, instead of me paying a gym, double win on my side.

allyoop
    • Total posts: 24
    Up

yes going to the expo looking forward to being there

Prins
    Up

Thank you all for the warm welcome. We are definitely looking to having some training/certificate to improve our service. And looking forward to that trade show. You’re right Burgo, when we did our first cleaning assignment we sweat a lot.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.