• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    valentine.simon
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

Thought I would join and say hello.

I am a Audio Producer in radio who has been looking for a new job for a few months now, and have decided I would try and start up my own freelance business.

I’m focusing on Radio at the moment, but I’m hoping to shift that focus more towards Film and TV as I learn more.

Great to be here guys, hope I can learn a bit.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Simon,

Thanks for introducing yourself – it’s lovely to meet you.

Please feel free to start a thread asking any questions that come up for you as you move forward with your new business – the community here loves to help wherever they can.

Thanks for joining us :)
    Jayne

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

Hello Simon,

Welcome aboard!

Film and Tv ambitions.. you want to get into sound special effects and things like that?

GuestMember
    • Total posts: 318
    Up

Welcome Valentine! I look forward to seeing your questions and advice around the forums.
    I used to present on hospital radio. I’m currently setting up radio interviews. I’m sat next to an EV RE20 mic and I’m having fun (?) getting a strong audio signal. The Cloudlifter has done wonders with the original signal, levels are great through the preamp and AD converter but then when it hits the PC, down it goes. In Audacity it’s -12dB and Camtasia, down further. Maybe there would be consultancy work for DIYers – podcasters, course writers on Udemy, etc (although I guess many are strapped for cash).

valentine.simon
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    Gizmo, post: 223237, member: 43147 wrote:
    Hello Simon,

Welcome aboard!

Film and Tv ambitions.. you want to get into sound special effects and things like that?

Eventually, that would be one small part of the bigger picture though, my focus at the moment would be on Radio. I’m also looking into voice coaching sessions to upskill a bit so I can approach voice agencies.

Paul Peace, post: 223252, member: 54653 wrote:
    Welcome Valentine! I look forward to seeing your questions and advice around the forums.
    I used to present on hospital radio. I’m currently setting up radio interviews. I’m sat next to an EV RE20 mic and I’m having fun (?) getting a strong audio signal. The Cloudlifter has done wonders with the original signal, levels are great through the preamp and AD converter but then when it hits the PC, down it goes. In Audacity it’s -12dB and Camtasia, down further. Maybe there would be consultancy work for DIYers – podcasters, course writers on Udemy, etc (although I guess many are strapped for cash).

Hmm – sounds like that might be something to do with your soundcard settings or AD converter settings on your PC. There should be an option to raise your input level in the control panel.

Consultancy is a great suggestion – might look into that! :)

GuestMember
    • Total posts: 318
    Up

Yeah, I think the external soundcard and PC aren’t liking one another very much! You’re welcome. The consultancy would lend itself well to social network marketing. There are millions of people becoming producers of content. It’s been ‘democratised’ they say, but there’s a lot of rubbish out there and frustrated people. But will they pay? They bigger companies sometimes have dedicated teams on social though – podcasting, periscope, etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.