• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Simmo
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I’m Simon, Currently residing in Sydney and looking at starting my own Event Management business. A little about me is that I like The Cat Empire and I’m a very bad speller.

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Simon,

Welcome to the forums!

Exciting industry to open a business into, afraid I don’t know a whole lot about it.

I do printing for a few event management companies and one thing I’ve noticed is that I won’t hear from them for 2 months and next thing I’m doing non stop printing for a week! Quite interesting really.

By the sounds of things, you haven’t launched yet? Any ideas what markets you will be targeting?

PS: You will find there are plenty of bad spellers here too! (Me included!)

Simmo
    Up

Jake,

Thank you. In the big plan I hope to do the large music festivals but for now I’m going to start off with private parties for the older generations & community events eg 50ths and the school fete.

The one thing that is holding me back is a name! I will think of one name like it for a couple of days or a week and then have second thoughts.

CruzAccountant
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

Hey Simmo

Welcome to the forum. What type of events will you be running?

Richard

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Simmo,

Sounds great! We love making referrals here on the forums, so when you have your website up and running be sure to let us know! We’ll definitely keep you in mind!

We also have monthly meetups (more information here) which we’d love to you to come along too!

– Jake

Simmo
    Up

Richard,

Private parties & community events.

Jake,

Will do!

CruzAccountant
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

Hi Simmo

Sorry I asked a question you already answered, but your reply wasn’t there when I posted!

One of my previous business ventures was events management – I was one of 4 partners. I’d be happy to have a chat about events management sometime – it’ll bring back memories.

Richard.

Simmo
    Up

Richard,

Sounds good. I would like that.

kenmac
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Hi Simon – welcome and good luck with your Events managment business.

FletcherTax
    • Total posts: 347
    Up

Hi Simon

Welcome to the Forums. Event management was always a dream of mine until I realised I was too shy and impatient to do it. Decided to do a 180 and stick with numbers instead.

If you do need some transport organised for any of your events – I would love to refer a couple of clients of mine who do a fantastic professional job.

Hope you venture out to James Squire for our next get together.

Looking forward to your posts and hearing your name when its up,

Janna

wordmistress
    • Total posts: 504
    Up
    Simmo, post: 27893 wrote:
    Hi,

I’m Simon, Currently residing in Sydney and looking at starting my own Event Management business. A little about me is that I like The Cat Empire and I’m a very bad speller.

And yet, all of that was correctly spelled lol :).

tr3nton
    • Total posts: 68
    Up

Welcome simmo ;)

wordmistress, post: 28160 wrote:
    And yet, all of that was correctly spelled lol :).

Thread hijack: on the topic of spelling – now you are probably going to put me in my place, seing as you’re wordmistress but anyways – is that the american way of saying things? ‘spelled’?

I would of thought ‘spelt’ would be the word to insert there?

wordmistress
    • Total posts: 504
    Up
    tr3nton, post: 28180 wrote:
    Welcome simmo ;)

Thread hijack: on the topic of spelling – now you are probably going to put me in my place, seing as you’re wordmistress but anyways – is that the american way of saying things? ‘spelled’?

I would of thought ‘spelt’ would be the word to insert there?

‘Spelled’ and ‘spelt’ are interchangeable but you’re right, if you’re in America, you use ‘spelled’. Spelt is a kind of wheat/flour so I prefer not to use it because it always reminds me of that!

I’m usually all for the non-American spelling of things (I use programme instead of program) but this is one exception.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.