Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello all, From Rowville.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GregA
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hello everyone my name is Greg.

I am 19 from Victoria, Rowville.

Recently I realised I am very good at repairing computers, having grown up with them.

I plan to register as a sole trader and start selling my services.
    I hope this community can help me along in my journey :) .

P.S. (I honestly have no idea how to make this happen other than to put advertising in the local paper)

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Greg

Welcome and congrats on a journey you are about to undertake…

Local Paper may be only 1 angle, although i suggest reading through the forum.. there are a few posts on how to market oneself, car signage, web sites, facebook, other mediums and then just networking..

Working in an intangible industry (you provide a service) of cpu repairs may throw some interesting curve balls as it will come to trust and not having a shop (sounds like this) it will be from word of mouth and those that ‘know’ you and your expertise to recommend you onwards..

Maybe forming an alliance/mutually beneficial relationship with a local business that would ideally either compliment or need access to your services would be a wise investment of time in the begging..

Good luck, look forward to hearing about your journey.

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    GregA
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Thanks Jason.

The more I read on this website, the more I realise I have a lot to learn (especially with your comment).

Yet the more I type on this website the more I think I should stop talking about it and start doing it haha.

I will keep you updated on my progress :)

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Greg,

Welcome to the forum.
    Computer repairs is quite a challenging industry, best of luck.

Steve

Jodie McLeod
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

Hi Greg,

Welcome to the forums on behalf of the Flying Solo team!

Sounds like a bold but entirely feasible challenge you’ve set yourself. Lack of qualifications might present issues, though possibly nothing some testimonials and work experience can’t fix.

On a technical note, you can fill out your signature by clicking the control panel tab in the grey bar above.

Best of luck, and I hope to see you around the forums some more :)

Jodie

PS: There are often Flying Solo meet-ups happening in Rowville if you feel like bouncing ideas off fellow soloists face to face. Keep an eye on this thread.

Cash Flow is King
    • Total posts: 24
    Up
    GregA, post: 152558 wrote:
    Hello everyone my name is Greg.

I am 19 from Victoria, Rowville.

Recently I realised I am very good at repairing computers, having grown up with them.

I plan to register as a sole trader and start selling my services.
    I hope this community can help me along in my journey :) .

P.S. (I honestly have no idea how to make this happen other than to put advertising in the local paper)

Hey Greg, congratulations on making the leap – all the best for your venture!

I’ve been involved in SME’s for a long long time, I’m not a consultant of any sort whatsoever, but would be happy to have a coffee sometime and chat about a framework for moving to the next stage!

WhatsThePlanDan
    Participant
    • Total posts: 297
    Up

Hi Greg,

Welcome to the forum! You’re certainly in the right place to get all the answers to all the questions you’ll ever have about running a small business – the trick is knowing what those questions are! :D

Cheers
    Daniel

michnichols
    • Total posts: 236
    Up

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the forum.

Definitely come along to a meetup, we have one in Berwick too, if you have a car. The Rowville meetup is great too, catchup with other small biz owners over lunch.

One of our attendees works part-time and operates his business outside those hours, he’s in IT too.

Michelle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.