Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello all! NEIS help please.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bearded.logic
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hello all!

We’re new to flying solo and to starting our own business. We’re Deepti (communications/secretary/wifey) and David (the ideas person/workhorse) living in Sydney and slowly putting together a B2B website that will make the lives of software business analysts much easier.

David’s been working on this product for 8 months now and we’re thinking of applying for NEIS so he can continue working on it without having to worry about money. We think we’ll also gain business skills in terms of planning next steps, marketing and finances.

Will we? Also, there are so many NEIS providers in Inner Sydney – are there any the community recommends as better?

Thanks and we’re excited to be here!

Michelle Johnson
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

Hello Deepti and David,
    Welcome to flying solo! Congratulations on your business venture – good to see you have clearly defined roles :)

Have fun!
    Michelle

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Great intro D and D!

Thanks for coming aboard and good luck with your new business. :)

Dave

James
    Participant
    • Total posts: 268
    Up

Hi Deepti & David,

Welcome to the forums. It sounds like you’re at an exciting time for your business.

Without any hesitation I would recommend pushing to get into the NEIS program. Even if you have a handle on every aspect of business you will still uncover new knowledge and connections through the program.

I can’t make an accurate assessment for you but I do know that business partnerships are quite tough to push through NEIS. Generally both parties involved would need to be eligible and accepted onto the program. You may be aware but it is also compulsory to be on a Centrelink payment to gain access to NEIS. That can be a stumbling block for many.

All that said your best bet is to contact Centrelink and then a local Job Centre to get some advice.

Inner Sydney would be as good as any for NEIS. All providers are going to be great once you get accepted onto the program but it can be quite tough to get your application moving.

Please message me with any questions about NEIS. More than happy to help where possible (I’ve been through the program).

All the best. Hopefully 2014 will be a cracker.

bearded.logic, post: 181213 wrote:
    Hello all!

We’re new to flying solo and to starting our own business. We’re Deepti (communications/secretary/wifey) and David (the ideas person/workhorse) living in Sydney and slowly putting together a B2B website that will make the lives of software business analysts much easier.

David’s been working on this product for 8 months now and we’re thinking of applying for NEIS so he can continue working on it without having to worry about money. We think we’ll also gain business skills in terms of planning next steps, marketing and finances.

Will we? Also, there are so many NEIS providers in Inner Sydney – are there any the community recommends as better?

Thanks and we’re excited to be here!

bearded.logic
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thanks for the welcome everyone! This is such a brilliant, friendly forum – full of helpful people and information.

We went to a NEIS information session and were told that unless we had the product market-ready, we wouldn’t be accepted onto NEIS. They also wanted to see evidence of business interest in the product + for us to have a payment system already in place.

My (Deepti’s) question is: if the product is market ready, why would we need to go through NEIS? Wouldn’t we go directly to market? :confused:

At the moment, we’re ready to accept free users so we can trial the product and work out any kinks. Based on the information provided, we won’t be accepted on NEIS at the moment, so we’ll move on to finding users.

James Rayers, post: 181265 wrote:
    I can’t make an accurate assessment for you but I do know that business partnerships are quite tough to push through NEIS. Generally both parties involved would need to be eligible and accepted onto the program. You may be aware but it is also compulsory to be on a Centrelink payment to gain access to NEIS. That can be a stumbling block for many.

We don’t have to worry about ‘partnerships’ as such. David is the one working full-time on his dream. I just help out with business stuff on my days off.

We will definitely take you (James) up on your offer to answer NEIS questions once we feel more ready. Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.