Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello Everybody!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SimonRedgrave
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi all!

My name is Simon and I live in Melbourne. I have been working in the cleaning business most of my career, and I know how fast-changing and difficult this field can be. A couple of years ago I decided it’s time to start something of my own. So I started a small carpet cleaning company. I already had most of the knowledge and some experience, so finding the equipment needed wasn’t so difficult. But making the business and organisational decisions is something a lot more difficult. After a year or so, I went to the conclusion that finding a partner who has these particular skills would be a good thing. One of my friends stepped in about a year ago, and since then everything has been great. The business is growing, we have many new customers, and everything is going great. Right now I’m looking to widen my horizons and learn new things about how to manage a cleaning business, so I can be more useful around work. I’m very glad I found this forum and I hope I meet many nice and smart people here!

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi Simon and Welcome to the Forums!

Very nice 1st post and we are here to help if you have any specific questions.

Cheers

Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Up

Hi Simon,

Welcome to our little world :) you will get some great advice and help as you go through everything.

Read some of the blogs on this site and maybe consider some free training courses. Some free training example are on the link below:

https://www.udemy.com/courses/search/?q=small%20business%20management&src=sac&kw=small%20business&lang=en&price=price-free

What I do is put aside a few hours a week for learning, I do this Saturday mornings with my cup of coffee and do courses, research etc etc, I push myself to make the time as it’s only a few hours and I benefit immensely from this.

Feel free to ask any specific question you may have and once again welcome :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.