• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bernadette_C
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

My name is Bernadette I am 22 years old and I have been working for myself for almost a year now.
    Before i started going Solo I was working as an IT Officer supporting around 60 Hospitals and aged care facilities in Australia.
    When I was a newcomer to the IT Department the first thing I noticed about the Support team was the lack of motivation and flimsy work each member applied to close a job.
    Why were they like this? Because the IT department deals with problems all day and it makes the job demotivating, and I noticed this same trend from other Companies I have worked with.

So this is why I decided to work for myself, because I, like most people here, want to offer my services because it’s a passion (not just a job) and I enjoy doing it.
    A quote that sums up my attitude would be
    “Don’t give up under pressure, nothing is unsolvable”

Well that’s my story and I’m looking forward to exchanging experiences and advice with everyone here at Flying Solo.

With Kind Regards,

Bernadette

Renee Barber
    • Total posts: 360
    Up

Hi Bernadette

Welcome to the forum!

You’re spot on that passion separates people who have a job from people who have a career/own their own business.

If you find something you’d do for free, you’re really on to something.

Good luck and please keep us posted!

PerfectNotes-Kathy
    • Total posts: 500
    Up

Hi Bernadette,

Glad to see you saw an area you could change and made the move – many people don’t. Make sure you keep that attitude, too – the grey days will occur, but remember your motto and you should be fine.

Kathy

Bernadette_C
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Thanks all for your comments, it’s good to hear your encouraging words.
    I understand there are times when it’s quiet but business isn’t meant to be easy.
    (and If it was everyone would start one)

To Kathy:
    I took part in your survey and that program Survey Monkey is quiet good.
    I’m glad I took it because I may need to use it in future.

Regards,
    Bernadette

PerfectNotes-Kathy
    • Total posts: 500
    Up

Bernadette, thanks for taking part in the survey. And I’m glad it was useful to you – surveymonkey has a free membership option (which I used) and it’s quite straightforward to setup a survey, the only hard part is working out the questions!

Kathy

exstatic
    • Total posts: 335
    Up

Hey Bernadette, welcome to FS.

I am not sure if I missed it in the thread somewhere, but what is it you do?

Best of luck :)

FionaFell
    • Total posts: 342
    Up

Welcome to FS.

I would love to know what type of IT Support you offer.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Welcome to the Best forum money cant buy.
    Some of the Sydney Soloists are meeting this coming Friday at James Squires ( King St Wharf), so if you can make it it will be great to catch up.
    patrick

pado
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

Hi, great to have you and good luck with your IT work, have you found it easy to sell your services to clients on a regular basis or is it more once off work. I think there is a big market for IT helpdesk work, just wondering if you find it easy to get people to pay for it, hopefully you do.

You will have a great time on the forums and probably even get some work.

Greg

Lucki
    • Total posts: 147
    Up

Hi Bernadette,

Great to have you join us soloists. I love your motto! It reminds me of something Donald Trump said, “Never ever give up, change direction if you have to but never ever give up.”

Good luck with following your passion, the rewards are definitely worth it.

Cheers
    Lucki

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.