Home Forums New here? Share your story Hello from a Flying Solo newbie

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Wozza
    • Total posts: 16

Hi everyone…

My first post here so just introducing myself. I’m living in Sydney but originally from Ireland (hence the green background in my photo!!) and have been working in digital marketing for 10 plus years. Have worked on both client-side and agency side, which I left a couple of years back to start to my small (but growing) digital agency. So I can definitely relate to what its like to be flying solo..

Really interested to see what others are doing, share and learn, and support others who are starting out on their online journey. I’m also here for any potential business opportunities of course!! ;):D

I never realised that there was such a well-established forum, and am looking forward to becoming an active member.

Cheers

Brian

Every Small Business Should Have A Digital ‘Wingman’

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,121

HI and Welcome to Flying Solo Brian.

It is great to have you and I am looking forward to more of your quality advice!

Cheers

SeeMySite
    • Total posts: 15
    Wozza, post: 268757, member: 117204 wrote:
    Hi everyone…

My first post here so just introducing myself. I’m living in Sydney but originally from Ireland (hence the green background in my photo!!) and have been working in digital marketing for 10 plus years. Have worked on both client-side and agency side, which I left a couple of years back to start to my small (but growing) digital agency. So I can definitely relate to what its like to be flying solo..

Really interested to see what others are doing, share and learn, and support others who are starting out on their online journey. I’m also here for any potential business opportunities of course!! ;):D

I never realised that there was such a well-established forum, and am looking forward to becoming an active member.

Cheers

Brian

Every Small Business Should Have A Digital ‘Wingman’
    Hi Brian

Welcome to the forum. I’m always interested in how the digital marketing space is changing. If you could offer one piece of sage advice to any SME what would that be?

Cheers Barry

Wozza
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 268767, member: 78928 wrote:
    HI and Welcome to Flying Solo Brian.

It is great to have you and I am looking forward to more of your quality advice!

Cheers

Thanks, Paul hopefully I can continue to provide some good advice to members.

Wozza
    SeeMySite, post: 268811, member: 117167 wrote:
    Hi Brian

Welcome to the forum. I’m always interested in how the digital marketing space is changing. If you could offer one piece of sage advice to any SME what would that be?

Cheers Barry

Hi Barry

Good question and a difficult one to answer as nowadays there are so many different aspects to digital marketing

> SEO
    > Local
    > Paid
    > FB advertising
    > FB social

One thing I would say though is for any potential SMEs or start-ups is to do your research first. There are lots of tools online that can help you determine if people are looking for your product or variations of your product, what sort of competitors are in the market etc.

Also think mobile-first – its 2020 I have come across sites lately that are still not optimised for mobile and don’t display correctly on mobile. Bad user experience and will not help your rankings.

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.