Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello from a new member who’s totally lost!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sashie
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi all I’m so glad I stumbled across this site I can’t wait to get to know you all.

I am trying to start up my own online business. A bit of back ground I’m a stay at home mum with a husband who works shift work. We have a 13 week old daughter who’s the apple of my eye :-)

When I became pregnant last year I really struggled to find nice maternity clothing in all shapes and sizes so my idea was born.

I now have an ABN and a registered business name of Mum 2 Bee along with a logo design, Facebook page, eBay registered, a web page being built and am currently in contact with the local markets.

Here’s where I hit a snag! I have decided to also cater for maternity clothing, new born clothing, accessories including pram liners, nappy bags etc etc.

I’m making the bags, liners etc myself but I can’t seem to source suppliers for wholesale fabrics ( I’m after thins like hungry caterpillar, dr Seuss, John Deere etc) and I can’t find suppliers willing to deal with me in relation to the clothing etc.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. :-)

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Sashie,

Great to have you hear and glad you found us.
    Feel free to fill out your forum profile in the control panel and you can also add links in your forum signature to help us find out a little more about what you’re up to.
    Wholesale fabrics is not my area but I’m sure others will jump in with advice.
    Thanks for joining.
    Peter

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

Hi Sashie,

With an abn and business name you should be able buy from wholesalers except that you are probably looking for smaller quantities than they supply. The only thing you can do is look for licensed fabrics on sale and price your finished products accordingly.

Here is a link that might be of interest to you:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Custom-Made-Items/Use-Restrictions-Of/2000239970

Dom Magerl
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Hi Sashie

Welcome to the forum.

I don’t know whether you have tried to source material overseas, but if the local Wholesalers won’t help, maybe someone internationally will. With our strong dollar bringing product in may still be cost effective

Good luck

Sashie
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi

I have tried to source from overseas but agreed they appear to want larger quantities than I need. I am now looking at a few options to buy fabric and will have to cost accordingly.

Thanks for the link donkeynomad much appreciated have had a bit of a read already.

On a positive I got my domain names yesterday so one more thing ticked off my list :-)

Thanks for your help everyone :-)

Lahay
    • Total posts: 34
    Up

Hi Sashie,

We sell Australian made clothing, & we also have a contract sewing service, if you have designs that you wish to produce on a larger scale.

As for kids fabrics, try Leutenneggers (spelling?) or Stepping Stone Agencies/F.D Textiles.

Good luck with your new venture :)

Jocelyn serone
    http://www.lahay.com.au

RBB
    • Total posts: 27
    Up

Hi Sashie

I know you mentioned wholesale, but have you thought about just testing the waters with a smaller quantity of fabric initially? Usually the quantities you’ll need to order (of the one print) wholesale from the textile places is huge, not to mention expensive.

If you haven’t already, check out Etsy for quality, on-trend fabrics at fantastic prices (even with international postage). I know of quite a few WAHM’s who sew & buy almost all their fabrics from there.

Good luck with it, sounds very exciting!! :)

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Won’t be able to help you with fabric suppliers, but just wanted to say a huge congratulations and best of luck in your brand sparkly new adventure!

Vaibhao
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi Sashie

I have recently joined Flying solo and introduced myself (see the link: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/new-member-introduce-yourself/27812-bjs-color-pattern-manufacturer-supplier-home-furnishing-textiles.html)

My sister has well established business of Home furnishing Textiles in India (including embroidered and designer wears, baby-sets (bed-sets, nappy bags etc.), embroidered bags, designer candles, curtains, table sets, cushion covers etc. and custom-made orders to the buyer’s specifications.

We are thinking to extend our business in Australia and looking for buyers. We are also lost in search of buyers :) and while researching found your post. My sister deals in retailing as well as wholesaling depending on the buyers’ need e.g she may supply wholesale fabrics. You may alo be interested in her products. Please, visit her site and feel free to contact if you have further queries.

Good luck with your business and I am looking forward to your reply.
    Regards
    Vaibhao

Sashie, post: 155732 wrote:
    Hi all I’m so glad I stumbled across this site I can’t wait to get to know you all.

I am trying to start up my own online business. A bit of back ground I’m a stay at home mum with a husband who works shift work. We have a 13 week old daughter who’s the apple of my eye :-)

When I became pregnant last year I really struggled to find nice maternity clothing in all shapes and sizes so my idea was born.

I now have an ABN and a registered business name of Mum 2 Bee along with a logo design, Facebook page, eBay registered, a web page being built and am currently in contact with the local markets.

Here’s where I hit a snag! I have decided to also cater for maternity clothing, new born clothing, accessories including pram liners, nappy bags etc etc.

I’m making the bags, liners etc myself but I can’t seem to source suppliers for wholesale fabrics ( I’m after thins like hungry caterpillar, dr Seuss, John Deere etc) and I can’t find suppliers willing to deal with me in relation to the clothing etc.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. :-)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.