Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello from a new member!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tina
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hi! My name is Tina and I’ve started a new business – Tina G Photography (find me on http://www.tinagphotography.com.au) and I’m looking into everything that I can to give me the edge and help my (well our – my husband and I!) business to thrive!

These forums have been very interesting reading and some amazing articles, so I thought I should introduce myself!

mike@engagemarketing
    • Total posts: 300
    Up

Hi Tina,
    welcome! I’ve only been on here for a few weeks myself, but i’ve found a lot of smart people on here and a few that im looking at using for my business!

How have you gone so far in the young life of your business?

Cheers,
    Michael

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

I like websites that have prices on them it gives me an idea how much Im going to be up for

Tina
    Up

Hi Michael and Burgo – thank you for the welcome!

Michael – to be honest with you, less than 6 months! We are starting to get a snowball effect of work though, which is fantastic, word of mouth is really working for us, although we have a 1/2 page ad coming out in a popular wedding mag next month, so hoping that puts us out there a bit more!

Burgo – thanks, me too. I use the internet a lot for research and it just irritates me when prices aren’t up, it’s a vital piece of information!

Jexley
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

Hello Tina and welcome. I checked out your site, but must confess that because it didn’t fit in my 1024×768 monitor resolution, I closed it rather hastily.

I’ve got several pet projects that are independent photogs though, including one coming up with my very own wifeage, and I’d love to give you some free advice on how to make that website better.

I’ll hit that again later, but for now, welcome again, these forums are great and you’re going to make a buttload of fantastic contacts.

So fantastic, in fact, that they don’t even mind when you describe things as “buttload” and even find it charming. Heh.

Heidi Price
    • Total posts: 218
    Up

Hi Tina

Nice to meet you!

Your site is lovely – thank you for the “skip flash” button, so many people don’t bother to give this option.

Tina
    Up

Thanks Heidi and Jexley – I really appreciate the input – I’m definitely open to comments and constructive criticism!

BruceR
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

Hi Tina,

I agree with that there’s great information on here. I’m also a new member and am just launching solo. My website http://www.numberz.com.au is pretty basic at the moment but I’m very impressed with yours – still simple but professional looking and easy to use.

Good luck!
    Bruce

nicoletiern
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    Burgo, post: 2166 wrote:
    I like websites that have prices on them it gives me an idea how much Im going to be up for

I agree with that, sometimes it takes you over 30 minutes to find out how much you’d have to spend to get any service!!! It really makes me angry

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.