Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello from a Newbie

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kjshields85
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I’m Katrina and I’m looking to start a shoe shop in my small home town. I have the vision and the ideas, but not the business plan and finance. I’m really finding it hard to get started with my idea, and the more I think about it the more ideas I have, but that’s not helping in getting a business plan done!
    Any help with writing the business plan to apply for a loan from the bank would be great. Hopefully I can get this business up and running and help other people out who find it as hard as me!

Cheers
    Katrina

StellarScott
    • Total posts: 239
    Up

Welcome Katrina

couple of places to start re a business plan are http://www.business.gov.au have some business plan ideas there including a template or try http://www.smexcellence.com.au/sme/

Bank funding for start ups is really tough … so will have to consider other funding sources as well

Also perhaps contact your local business enterprise centre. They provide great training and help for start up and small businesses

Good luck with everything

mediainsider
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Hi Katrina.
    Good luck with your venture.
    I’m one for doing things differently, just a suggestion, consider incorporating something else in your shoe shop, lets face it over the years shoe shops have been just that shoe shops, but how about a shoe shop with a small coffee stop off within the shoe shop, or a foot massage service for a small fee or perhaps you could sell a range of feet creams to your customers.

Think outside the square
    Mark Aiston

mediainsider
    http://www.mediainsider.com.au

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Katrina and welcome,

Some great suggestions there from Scott and Mark to kick things off for you. (Thanks guys – love your work!)

Hope you find all the answers you need and I have my fingers crossed for you that the funding turns up too.

All the best,
    Jayne

kjshields85
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Thank you all for your encouraging messages and ideas. Yes I’m looking to do something a bit different, not just shoes, but have accessories and the creams idea is a good one. Had also thought about a sandwich bar with the retail side of shoes etc, instead of the overdone coffee/gift shop idea. I have thought about a coffee shoe shop but the town isn’t big enough for another one. Will definately keep thinking though.
    After posting my message, I had a chat to a mate who has started her own business before and opened my eyes a little bit more, she also suggested contacting the BEC for help, and will definately be doing that.
    For now, I will keep researching and will definately be using this site for inspiration and help.

Cheers
    Katrina

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.