Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello from a newbie

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Yumola
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hi I’ve just joined Flying Solo and looking forward to getting advice for my new cereal Yumola Granola which is currently selling very well and local farmers markets so now ready to get it into stores and online ASAP… Regards, Nicole

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Nicole and Welcome

I love the name “Yumola Granola” – Leads me to a trademark question – do you have it trademarked?

Flying Solo is a great hub of information

Yumola
    Up

Hi Kelly no I’ve not looked at trademark yet but have had experience with a big multi-national trying to steal my name before so I’ll definitely look at that when I have the means… Thanks for your reply. Nicole

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

You must get some advice from another member here Jacqui from Mark My Words Trademarks.

She is incredibly helpful and it is at least worth getting a quote so you know how much and what categories and countries you should cover. So long as you don’t have it trademarked, someone else can!

Yumola
    Up

Thank you I’ll make contact ASAP…regards, nicole

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Nicole – Just acknowledging I’ve seen your post, and thanks Kelly for the shout out :)

You’ll hear from me a little later this afternoon Nicole

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

That is such a fun name! Who doesn’t love granola???

Wordsmith
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Great name!
    No wonder you’ve had some people coming after it. Trademark it ASAP!
    Do you have a website?
    KJ

Yumola
    Up

Hi again I’m in the midst of getting a logo and website but my real hold up is the packaging. I need air-tight, natural looking and/or environmentally friendly packaging with a window view of the product – it’s light sensitive too so I don’t want it too exposed like some are.

I’ve got paper bags that can be heat sealed but have discovered they’re porous so the product goes stale very quickly. I’m finding it a bit harder than anticipated to find packaging that’ll work for me and look good too. Any ideas?? Thanking you for your interest and support…Nicole

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.