Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello from Brad

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bradzo
    • Total posts: 335
    Up
    ::

I must say its great to have found this website. All the great posts I’ve read so far from very knowledgable people!

A bit about me – there is more on my website (http://bradzo.ath.cx/about) but I’ve been in IT since about 1982 or thereabouts. My wife and I are moving from Maryborough QLD back to Forest Lake QLD as soon as we possibly can, so I’m trying to get a new business off the ground and get some customers before we get back there.

Very short intro I know, and my apologies for that, but I’m still working on a business offering – ideas are spinning around in my head – I know lots of stuff, but the hard part is working out what and how to monetise that knowledge! :(

Anyway, I’m really looking forward to meeting other soloists one day – and lastly, congratulations on your decision to go for it!

Oh and by the way – I’ve set up a special FlyingSolo page on my website – I’ve been reading posts about CRM systems, so I’ve setup vTigerCRM and SugarCRM on my host for you to play around with: CRM for FlyingSolo Readers

Cheers
    Brad

PerfectNotes-Kathy
    • Total posts: 500
    Up

Hi Brad,

Well done on offering CRM for people to play with – very useful in letting people understand what a CRM solution can offer.

However, everyone on here needs to understand that both of those offerings are sourced from companies based in the USA. So, while the software is free, any customisation/personalisation anyone needs either requires you to hunt up someone locally who supports the software or add your request to a long list from users all around the world to the software designers in the USA.

Our business provides a CRM solution aimed specifically at smaller businesses in Australia. It has been designed here, written here and is supported here. You have the opportunity to speak to the people who wrote the system directly and influence its direction with your requirements. There is no huge queue of requests sent off on the internet – I would love to think that one day we would grow that large, but it’s not about to happen today, so we can promise that this will continue to be the case for the next few years.

So, please play on Brad’s system (thanks again for providing the resource, Brad!) and if you have any queries, you can contact Brad or talk to me.

Kathy

JulieA
    • Total posts: 130
    Up

Hi Brad,
    What a fascinating read on your “about” page! Thanks you, I thoroughly enjoyed it!
    Am now about to take a long look at your “DIY Web Server” stuff…hmmmmm, more learning :-D

bradzo
    Up

Hi Kathy

Thanks so much!
    (I can see my webserver being hit as I type this! WOW! Need to go check out the webserver logs….)

Yes, you are right about the customisation of vTiger and Sugar. I just noticed a couple of posts that mentioned both systems, so decided to get a test system installed. There are Australian companies that support both, but won’t get into that here (don’t want to take business away from you!)

I like your signature too – about market research to determine business direction. I think that’s really important, and something else I’ll be working on.

Thanks again!

Cheers
    Brad

bradzo
    Up
    JulieA, post: 17091 wrote:
    Hi Brad,
    What a fascinating read on your “about” page! Thanks you, I thoroughly enjoyed it!
    Am now about to take a long look at your “DIY Web Server” stuff…hmmmmm, more learning :-D

Hi Julie!

Thanks very much!
    Its wonderful to “hear” from you!

Ah yes, more learning! Its a good thing though – keeps the old brain working!

Cheers
    Brad

amcdean
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    PerfectNotes-Kathy, post: 17090 wrote:
    Hi Brad,

Well done on offering CRM for people to play with – very useful in letting people understand what a CRM solution can offer.

However, everyone on here needs to understand that both of those offerings are sourced from companies based in the USA. So, while the software is free, any customisation/personalisation anyone needs either requires you to hunt up someone locally who supports the software or add your request to a long list from users all around the world to the software designers in the USA.

Our business provides a CRM solution aimed specifically at smaller businesses in Australia. It has been designed here, written here and is supported here. You have the opportunity to speak to the people who wrote the system directly and influence its direction with your requirements. There is no huge queue of requests sent off on the internet – I would love to think that one day we would grow that large, but it’s not about to happen today, so we can promise that this will continue to be the case for the next few years.

So, please play on Brad’s system (thanks again for providing the resource, Brad!) and if you have any queries, you can contact Brad or talk to me.

Kathy

Kathy – well done on the signature link to survey. It’s that kind of “out of the box” thinking that will ensure your success in business. Good to try out survey monkey – a client has been raving about it and now I understand why. So simple from the user perspective.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.