Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello from Dulwich Hill, Sydney.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BasAndLokes
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Really, really big hello from Bas and Lokes in Dulwich Hill :)

Greetings from Dulwich Hill, everyone!

My name is Bas. I own a small business called Bas and Lokes. We design and manufacture handmade leather small goods produced in our workshop right here in Sydney. I love my job and am truly blessed to have it. It has been very good to me in many ways.

I found this website recently when I did a search on tips for coping with loneliness when working alone. I found a great article that led me to this site. In my business, there are two of us, but only I work at the workshop along with my dog and some days the isolation is unbearable. So I started having a look around the site and forum and the more I read the more I thought this site seemed like a friendly place to meet some like-minded and self employed individuals such as myself.

I am happy to have found this site and look forward to reading more and getting to know some of you and seeing who else in here does similar work or works near me .

Thanks for having me,

Bas
    Bas and Lokes Handmade Leather Goods
    http://www.BasAndLokes.com

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hello neighbour,

Welcome to the forum. I’ll be paying you a visit sometime soon, my wife is in desperate need of some more handbags and your only a suburb away.

Steve

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Bas,

Just checked out your website, and WOW! Your work is absolutely stunning, and has been so beautifully photographed that it makes me want to reach through the screen to touch it. You are obviously a very skilled craftsman.

I’m glad that you’ve found Flying Solo, and I hope that it helps you feel a little less isolated as you go about your day.

If you ever feel like getting out of the workshop and mingling, there’s a small inner west meet-up group that gets together periodically. You can register your interest on this thread.

It’s great to have you on board, and I’m looking forward to getting to know you.

Thanks for joining us :)
    Jayne

Rishi_G
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Hi Bas,

Your work is simply awesome, and your products have been photographed beautifully, doing full justice to your offerings!

I feel so inspired in that you have channelised your energies so well to counter loneliness! You are one lucky man to love and enjoy your work! :) Life can be harder if one is both lonely and unable to do something that one likes. I am glad that you found this forum…Yes, loneliness can be a big challenge for some of us, and Flying Solo is a fabulous supportive community of like-minded entrepreneurs.

Hope to see you more often here!

Cheers,
    Rishi
    http://www.RishiGraphy.com I People, Lifestyle & Event Photography
    http://www.facebook.com/RishiGraphy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.