Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello from Hay Creations Jewellery!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    haycreations
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

Hello from Melanie at Hay Creations Jewellery.

Lets see, where to start?
    I am a home based Jewellery Artist, wife and mother of two children.

How did I get to where I am now?
    I have always had an obession with jewellery but it wasn’t until after having my second child and deciding not to back to University where I was teaching and doing my Phd in Medical Sociology that I took up jewellery making as a hobby.

That hobby has grown into what is now a small jewellery making business called Hay Creations Jewellery.

Admittedly I find the whole business side of things quite overwhelming and very challenging and would much prefer just to sit (hide!) in my studio and make beautiful jewellery! But have come to realise that all the other hats one has to wear as a business owner (chief bookeeper, advertiser and marketer, webmaster, graphic designer etc, etc), are all now just as important as the actual jewellery making itself.

So I have enjoyed browsing this website thus far and already come across some really helpful articles and information for the soloist.

Am looking forward to connecting with other business owners, reading and learning much more!

Melanie

Online Boutique Store: http://haycreations.com.au
    Blog: http://www.haycreations.com.au/blog/

Heidi Price
    • Total posts: 218
    Up

Hi Melanie!

Welcome to the forum :)

Have just been drooling over some of your pendants – hmm Mothers Day is coming up and I think I have found what to “suggest” the kids get me LOL

Heidi

Renee Barber
    • Total posts: 360
    Up

Welcome Melanie!

And … I have to say it … Mmm shiny things! :-)

haycreations
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Thanks Heidi & Renee for such a lovely welcome!

Heidi I’m sure your kids would love to give you something for Mothers Day which unlike flowers and chocolates will not wilt or get eaten in just a few days! Although I must confess my puppy has tried to eat a few components here and there – but without much success.

Renee, I love the way you think!

Regards

Melanie

BrightBiz
    • Total posts: 69
    Up

Welcome Melanie,

I ssssssssssoooooooooooooo know what you mean about wanting to hide from all those other hats… lol….

I haven’t been around the forum for a while, life got a bit too busy but it’s definitely a great place to find info and there’s lovely people here willing to help :)

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

If you guys really like hiding in the back room thats fine, but you need to sell your products and services and keep financial records.

I believe if you just want to be a technician then you need to hire / contract the sales guru and the bookkeeper

there are plenty on this forum just eager to help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.