Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello from Make it APPen – Bendigo, Victoria

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Make it APPen
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hello everyone.

I am very excited to be associated with Flying Solo.

The best way to describe me is nurse by trade, nerd by nature. I am the other side of 50, female, so a bit of an odd fit for the IT world, but no place I would rather be, except for maybe in a hiking tent, in the middle of no where. :0)

The idea to build ‘Make it APPen’ came to me when I was asked to make an App for the Maternity Services for our local hospital. Even though I had never built an App, having some experience with programming I thought this could not be too hard, but it proved more difficult than I anticipated. I recognized a gap. If I found the task of building an app challenging, then how do non techie people go about it. I decided to fill this gap by creating ‘Make it APPen’ a software program that enables absolute beginners to create their own information apps.

Make it APPen’s vision is to enable absolute beginners to create their own information apps simply and easily. Nothing more, nothing less. (This last bit is for me, to ensure I do not try to be everything to everyone)

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Julie, well done on your new business idea. I think its absolutely brilliant and I am sure it will be a success. Well done.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hey Julie,
    Welcome and thanks for coming on board :)
    Congrats on the new business – looks like a great concept.
    Look forward to hearing more as things progress.
    Cheers
    Peter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.