Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello from My Virtual Me

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #978772
    My Virtual Me
    Participant
    • Total posts: 26
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi everyone,

    I’ve been a member for quite a while, but I don’t think I’ve ever wandered over here to the forums. I’m mainly an article reader.

    So I thought it was time I introduced myself.

    My names Alice and I’m the founder of My Virtual Me. We specialise in digital transcription but of course we do general typing and formatting.

    I’m looking forward to making some online networking contacts on here, so feel free to contact me.

    #1109421
    MatthewKeath
    Member
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hello Alice and welcome to Flying Solo.

    I hope you get as much out of these forums as I have.

    Cheers,

    Matt

    #1109422
    Anonymous
    Guest
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    0
    ::

    G’day Alice,

    Thanks for popping over the fence and visiting the forum side of Flying Solo. :)

    I hope find lots of helpful info here, and connect with some fantastic people too.

    Lovely to meet you,
    Jayne

    #1109423
    kathiemt
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hey Alice, good to see you here and welcome! Always good to see more members here.

    #1109424
    David@Verve Recruitment
    Member
    • Total posts: 247
    Up
    0
    ::

    I don’t mean this in a mean way, but as a means to encourage discussion, but what does digital transcription mean?

    As I say, I don’t think that I’m that interested myself, but others might be. Perhaps i’ll be surprised and be super excited by it. Does it mean I can talk like a robot?

    #1109425
    MatthewKeath
    Member
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    0
    ::

    It means taking a voice file and turning into a text file. Is your Google broken?

    #1109426
    Rball
    Member
    • Total posts: 136
    Up
    0
    ::

    Ouch ^

    #1109427
    kathiemt
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up
    0
    ::

    lol. It used to be done with a transcriber, a tape put into a machine and played and a transcriptionist would type what was being spoken. These days the recordings are usually in digital format and can be emailed or downloaded from the web. There is now software where you can pause, stop and rewind the recording just as a transcriptionist did 15+ years ago with a tape machine.

    #1109428
    My Virtual Me
    Participant
    • Total posts: 26
    Up
    0
    ::

    Yes what Kathie said is exactly right.

    I used the tapes when I worked in a legal firm – very fiddly things they were.

    I’m a digital woman so it’s all digital for me these days. It’s so much easier to transfer rather than using snail mail.

    #1109429
    Top Talker
    Member
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Alice,

    Great to see you here too. Great forum to be on lots of interesting things to help us solepreneurs.

    #1109430
    AussiePin.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 26
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Alice,

    I love your website’s layout, but you could perhaps work on the graphics more.

    Interesting concept! Have you had clients yet?

    My Virtual Me, post: 121723 wrote:
    Hi everyone,

    I’ve been a member for quite a while, but I don’t think I’ve ever wandered over here to the forums. I’m mainly an article reader.

    So I thought it was time I introduced myself.

    My names Alice and I’m the founder of My Virtual Me. We specialise in digital transcription but of course we do general typing and formatting.

    I’m looking forward to making some online networking contacts on here, so feel free to contact me.

    #1109431
    My Virtual Me
    Participant
    • Total posts: 26
    Up
    0
    ::
    Top Talker, post: 123296 wrote:
    Hi Alice,

    Great to see you here too. Great forum to be on lots of interesting things to help us solepreneurs.

    Hello! Yes it’s the best forum in Australia, love reading the articles!

    #1109432
    My Virtual Me
    Participant
    • Total posts: 26
    Up
    0
    ::
    AussiePin.com.au, post: 123425 wrote:
    Hi Alice,

    I love your website’s layout, but you could perhaps work on the graphics more.

    Interesting concept! Have you had clients yet?

    Yes I probably upgraded my website since you posted this. Let’s just say it was a bad marketing move and leave it at that!

    Yes I’ve had clients, but alas, networking is a never ending process!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.