Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello from Newbie Candy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Maturin
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi!

My name is Candy. I’m trying to start my own business and break free from office job. Another reason is that my husband and I will start our family soon and I’d love to be able to be around my kid while I work. So! here I am, stressing out and can’t stop thinking about starting a business.

I plan to setup a wholesale import business. I’ve been doing some research but still got lots of questions.

I believe there are lots of valuable resources here and hope that I can make some contribution to this community.

Cheers,
    Candy

donnafrithdesign
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

Hi Candy! I’m new on the forums here too, though I’ve been visiting the site for 6 months or so. Good luck with all your research for your new venture. Don’t stress out too much yet, the brainstorming beginning phase can be quite fun :)

What are you looking at importing?

danb
    • Total posts: 109
    Up

Hi Candy,

Welcome! It’s good to see people taking the step into the solo world, good luck with it all, I hope you enjoy your time here and find it a useful resource / community.

Cheers
    Dan

Maturin
    Up

Hi Donna!

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your friendliness and encouragement. I’ve never been on a web forum before and wasn’t sure that I would get any feedback. So, you really brighten me up =)

The first product I’m looking at is toiletries . The product is different from what’s available in the market now and I hope it can interest customers. However, I found lots of regulations to comply to. I also need to work out how to distribute my product as I don’t want to do retail. Well, lots to do but I’m pumped now!! Yey!

How about you? What’s your business? Tell me more about it?

Glad to know you.

Candy

Maturin
    Up

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your warm welcome. Look forward to talk to you and participate more in Flying Solo.

Cheers,
    Candy

donnafrithdesign
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

Hiya Candy! That’s great that you have found a product ‘with a difference’ to bring to the market. I’m sure you will find lots of info on this site that will help answer some of your questions or point you in the right direction.

I’m a graphic designer; I work full-time within a private company at the moment and have a few clients I do work for outside of that. This year I’m focusing more energy on expanding my client base and building up my own business. I like working for the company, but I really enjoy working with business owners on projects because they are so passionate and invested in the work; it’s a joy to create work that is so important in shaping the identity and message of a business and launching it out into the world :). Check out my website if you want: http://www.donnafrith.com.au. It was a while in the making and I just launched it last week, so… exciting times :).

Maturin
    Up

Hey Donna!! Sorry for the late reply. I’ve just got back from a trip. You work sounds so cool. I checked out your website too. Your portfolios are impressive. I believe there’ll be lots of people interested in your service. That’s including me to. When my business needs graphic design work, I’ll chat with you. Nice talking to you. All the best for your business. Cheers!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.