Home – New Forums New here? Share your story hello from Starashan

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    starashan
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hi! My name is Sherrin. I’m here to learn more about running a small business, connect in with other business owners, and to glean some wisdom from what appears to be an amazing resource and forum!

I have a growing business designing and producing women’s clothing. I sell my range through small independent boutiques. I’ve been running my business for around five years – it started very small while I was at home with my three boys. Now they’re all at school and I’m wanting to ramp up the business a bit.

I have always manufactured locally – I strongly believe in supporting other local businesses and keeping production Australian where possible. Having said this, I have recently come back from a fabric sourcing trip to India where I have started working with a small business there. I will be sourcing hand block-printed fabrics from a business within an environmental (water harvesting, water recycling and purification, solar power etc) textile park that operates ethically to properly pay, support and educate local artisans.

I look forward to looking around and learning more!

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Sherrin,

Welcome, there is plenty of discussion here for you to learn.

I love the intro for your business and producing ethically sound fabric for clothing is a great opportunity for you to promote through your business.

People love hearing a story like that so good for you and ramping up your business is exciting and challenging at the same time.

Happy to help with the ramp up if you are interested.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Sherrin,

Welcome to Flying Solo :)

You have some very cute products on your website, and I bet they’re very popular. I can see why you’re ready to ramp things up now.

I hope that hanging out with us here can help you take your business to the next level.

Nice to meet you,
    Jayne

starashan
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Thanks for the welcome!

Kelly, thanks for that – I’m off to have a look at your business to see what your services are.

Jayne, thanks for your kind words. Next step for the website is getting decent images- the ones I have just don’t cut it!

Thanks again! :)

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Sherrin, love your designs. Good on you for choosing ethical business partners.

Feel free to ask any questions you like about growing your business.

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

Hi Sherrin and welcome.

Selling online is extremely difficult especially when it comes to selling small items under $100. Realistically you’ve got to drive 1000’s of people per month to your website just to make a handful of sales.

Once you realise the magnitude of THAT problem the importance of converting every visitor into a sale becomes another important focus.

So here’s a heads up – people want to see clothes on other people. A simple change like that could mean the difference between a 1% conversion rate and a 2% conversion rate.

Best – Phil

Sammie_clothing
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Hi Sherrin!
    I’m starting a men’s label. Wanting similar ethics but finding it so difficult!!
    Can I possibly email u and ask a couple of questions in trying to produce locally??

Sam

[email protected]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.