Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello from Sydney!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself – my name is Kerin and my partner and I yesterday launched our first business venture – an online dress shop. We are really excited as we have worked tirelessly over the last few months to get this over the line (we both work in banking, which needless to say is an industry that doesn’t exactly have the shortest working hours :))

Anyway, looking forward to learning from everyone here, especially about tips on how to crack that first sale!!

Cheers

Dom Magerl
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Hi Kerin

Welcome to the forum. I hope your hard work pays off real soon.

You might consider putting up a discount coupon for your online store on the coupon sites, they can be very effective in generating sales and repeat business. There are a number of good australian sites and if you sell globally I am sure there there are thousands to chose from

Cheers

Dom

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Kerin,

Welcome to the forum.
    With a B&M business you need passing trade, with a virtual business you need visitors. You have to promote the website if no one goes to it you cant make sales, start with a link in your posts.

Steve

Mary Gardam
    • Total posts: 192
    Up

Hi Kerin,

Congratulations on the launch of your business.

It is certainly a busy time so you need to make sure that you promote your website at every opportunity like Steve said.

I’d love to hear more about your business and have a look at your website.

Welcome to the forum.

Mary

Anonymous
    Up

Hi Kerin, and welcome to Flying Solo,

As others have mentioned, there are probably quite a few people around here who’d be interested in checking out your new store.

If you’d like to add the web address to your forum signature, visit the Control panel (the link is in the grey bar above the forum) and choose Edit signature.

Good luck with it all, and congratulations on your progress so far.

Jayne

Anonymous
    Up

Hi again!

Thanks all for your supportive comments and tips. I’ve now added the link of our store in my signature thanks to Jayne’s help :)

Our collection is just small to begin with and we will be looking to expand once we get some traction going. Target market is 21 to 35 aged ladies who love anything cute/girly.

Looking to add more functionality to the site such as a dynamic filter however need to research how to do this which might take a while!

Thanks for the tip re discount code.. Will be releasing one shortly hopefully. Need to research around to find a list of bargain sites we can post this to.

Will keep you all updated on our progress. No sales yet, but fingers crossed hopefully soon!! Not sure if you guys use Facebook but we have one at http://www.facebook.com/thefashionninja1 . We are trying to use it to engage our target market.. Seems to be getting some reactions. Will have to keep on posting and see what happens. If you want to ‘like’ it please do :)

Anyway think I’ve written too much! You’ll hear more from me soon. Cheers

michnichols
    • Total posts: 236
    Up

Hi Kerin,

Congratulations on the new website and business. A very cute website.

I’m sure you will find lots of advice and tips for getting your first sale.

Michelle

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

How exciting!

Huge congratulations on the launch, you must be so excited!

I’m in your target age group, there are loads of dresses I would purchase there. Your logo is really bugging me though – and Im wondering if you can drop the woman from the logo and just use the text for now? It’s obvious it’s a site for women and I think the streamlining would do you some good.

Just a suggestion! Take it or leave it :)

All the best!

Anonymous
    Up

Hi again everyone,

Thanks so much for all your feedback. I definitely will be taking all your comments and suggestions on board. There really is a wealth of knowledge here which I am very grateful for.

Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.