Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello from Tassie

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Beres
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hello, I am Beres Taylor. I run Collins Cap Enterprises based from my home at Collins Cap which is in the foothills of Mount Wellington and about 25kms from the centre of Hobart.
    Collins Cap Enterprises consists of 2 activities
    1. – self contained Tourist accommodation using a 3 bedroom cottage adjacent to the main house on my 660 acre property
    2. – manufacture of craft furniture, mostly using Tasmanian Huon Pine timber to make solid timber pieces which will become treasured pieces as the pine becomes less available.
    In my previous life I was a Science/ Maths/ computing teacher but 12 years ago I left that to set up my own Ceramics studio. More recently I have ‘discovered’ Huon Pine and I am really enjoying working with it, making some beautiful pieces of furniture.I have my furniture and ceramics on display in my studio/ gallery also on the property.
    I am now at the point where I really need to sell some product so I can finance ongoing development and new products
    Both of my business need marketing ideas and plans and then putting those ideas and plans into action.
    You can check out some of my furniture and also the cottage on my Facebook page Collins Cap Enterprises or my business website at http://www.capceramics.com.au

Calcul8or
    Participant
    • Total posts: 481
    Up

Aw man!….talk about living the dream!….welcome!…and I’m very jealous :-)

Programmer. Analyst. Nerd. Calcul8ors.com.au Custom Software & Collaboration
    seolyka2
    • Total posts: 157
    Up

Hi Teres,

You’ve come to the right place! Flying Solo has lots of marketing experts who can give you some great advice about promoting a business.

You can also check out their Marketing Section here – http://flyingsolo.com.au/marketing where you can also read articles that provide tips in running a business.

NathanB
    Participant
    • Total posts: 775
    Up
    Beres, post: 118987 wrote:
    Hello, I am Beres Taylor. I run Collins Cap Enterprises based from my home at Collins Cap which is in the foothills of Mount Wellington and about 25kms from the centre of Hobart.
    Collins Cap Enterprises consists of 2 activities
    1. – self contained Tourist accommodation using a 3 bedroom cottage adjacent to the main house on my 660 acre property
    2. – manufacture of craft furniture, mostly using Tasmanian Huon Pine timber to make solid timber pieces which will become treasured pieces as the pine becomes less available.
    In my previous life I was a Science/ Maths/ computing teacher but 12 years ago I left that to set up my own Ceramics studio. More recently I have ‘discovered’ Huon Pine and I am really enjoying working with it, making some beautiful pieces of furniture.I have my furniture and ceramics on display in my studio/ gallery also on the property.
    I am now at the point where I really need to sell some product so I can finance ongoing development and new products
    Both of my business need marketing ideas and plans and then putting those ideas and plans into action.
    You can check out some of my furniture and also the cottage on my Facebook page Collins Cap Enterprises or my business website at http://www.capceramics.com.au

Hi Beres,

Gimmie me a hi-six! WOO!

If only your website was as good as your furniture! I really liked the Parliament Desk, how much will you be selling them for and are you planning to sell them for?

EDIT: I know it says not for sale on the website, I meant if some one where to place an order for one similar.

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

WOW! Love your work… and welcome. You’re definitely living my husband’s dream :)

I agree, you definitely need a quality website to display your work – and separate the two businesses so you can target people appropriately.

That desk is stunning. Welcome!

MJS_Virtual
    • Total posts: 82
    Up

Hi Beres,

Great to see another Tasmanian on here – there doesn’t seem to be many of us!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Beres,

Congratulations on creating such beautiful work.

From the earlier responses you’ve received it seems I’m not alone in admiring it either, so I’m sure you’ll find plenty of people around here who’d be happy to help you with those marketing plans of yours.

Please feel free to start a new thread asking any specific questions you have.

All the best to you,
    Jayne

Beres
    Up
    NathanB, post: 119004 wrote:
    Hi Beres,

Gimmie me a hi-six! WOO!

If only your website was as good as your furniture! I really liked the Parliament Desk, how much will you be selling them for and are you planning to sell them for?

EDIT: I know it says not for sale on the website, I meant if some one where to place an order for one similar.

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the vote of approval.

The desk with the safety glass modesty panels sand blasted with your design would cost $5500 (approx)

Beres

Beres
    Up
    MJS_Virtual, post: 119027 wrote:
    Hi Beres,

Great to see another Tasmanian on here – there doesn’t seem to be many of us!

Hello Melissa,

It is nice to find another Tasmanian here.

Just had a look at your business web page – maybe you would be interested in helping with my marketing issues? I’m not sure what the questions are or where to start with the whole process.

Enjoy your long w/e. We are heading to St Helens on Sunday to see grandchildren(and their parents) but perhaps we can be in touch early next week?

Beres

Beres
    Up

Hi Cathie,
    I would appreciate the opportunity to explore some marketing ideas.
    I am still finding my way around this site. How about direct email [email protected] or phone contact 0407 255 845 to pursue this conversation?
    Cheers,
    Beres

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.