Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello, from the Flying Solo editor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jodie McLeod
    • Total posts: 345
    Up
    ::

After a good few weeks of learning the law of the land, I think it’s high time I formally introduced myself to the FS forum community.

Hello! Nice to meet you!

I joined the FS team in April 2012, and since that time have come to realise the sheer awesomeness of the Flying Solo forums. Friendly? Yes. Helpful? Definitely. But add to that – supportive, informative, entertaining, inspiring and motivating. The forum community is like the office you don’t have: at any one point you could have a tech guy, a business adviser, a mentor and a water cooler buddy all online at the same time, ready and waiting to have a chat with you and help you out.

I plan to chime in on those conversations here and there, and start a few of my own, because – as editor – I know I’ll benefit from sharing knowledge and learning new things on the forums just as much as the next person.

I’ll be joining you from my dojo (office) in the Blue Mountains, where the view is both my muse and my distraction. My background is in media, as a magazine editor and features writer, which you can read more about here. When I’m not at my desk I’m out running, playing piano, reading books, exploring the Blue Mountains and trying to avoid commuting to Sydney in the car.

Very much looking forward to chewing the fat with you all!

Jodie

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Hello Jodie
    Welcome to the best team.
    Just what does the editor do ?
    I’m just trying to get a picture of what ther is to edit apart from articles and posts

Jodie McLeod
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

Hi Burgo,

Thanks for the welcome. I’m sure we’ll become well acquainted in no time.

The editor’s role – as well as editing articles, posts, social media updates and other content – is to make sure every aspect of Flying Solo’s online and offline presence has a common vision, and to steer that vision accordingly. This being so – you may begin to notice a few subtle changes here and there in the near future.

Watch this space!

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Thanks Jodie, that sounds like a fun job.

Weve been doing the same at WoolSafe, where each country no longer look different but the same, logos stationery certificates ID cards.

Has taken best part of six months to get this far

erinna
    Participant
    • Total posts: 135
    Up

Hello! :)

Id love to see a picture of your view :D

Looking forward to seeing you around :)

MYOK
    Participant
    • Total posts: 146
    Up

Hi Jodie, Welcome to the team! :) Looking forward to seeing you around the place!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.