Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello from Yaro in Brisbane

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Yaro
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Since I can’t find an introductions forum, I’ll assume this is the best place to post this.

My name is Yaro Starak and I’m from Brisbane, although I’m presently typing this in Athens Greece on the last leg of a European trip I’ve been on for a couple of months.

I’m looking forward to seeing these forums expand. I remember talking to Sam and Robert years ago about adding a forum to Flying Solo and I’m happy it’s a case of better late than never!

I’ll be back in Brisbane for Christmas and I look forward to seeing some of the wicked storms we’ve been having there.

Yaro

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

It’s probably a little bit hidden Yaro, you can find it here:

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/other-discussions/42-tell-me-little-about-yourself.html#post339

But in the meantime great to see you here. Aussie bloggers and now here! Enjoy your trip – one of my daughters just left last night and is now in Dubai. She’s heading to Amsterdam for Christmas and I believe you were there recently weren’t you?

Nicole L
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi Yaro,

Great to see you here, and that you’re still powering on!

I’m in The Gap in Brisbane; must admit I get a little confused now when I travel to another suburb where the trees don’t lie down.

Hope your home had a little less havoc!

Cheers,
    Nicole

Rachel Reeves
    • Total posts: 148
    Up

It’s great to see you here Yaro! I am from Petrie, Brisbane.

I’m a little jealous for the moment, am sure though that I will end up holidaying in a few overseas locations in time. Mmm, choices would have to be Europe, Germany and New Zealand.

(Most) trees where I am stand up, the storm a couple of weeks back kind of side swiped us. I have seen evidence of what you speak of Nicole. How is the cleanup going at The Gap?

ColourMePurple
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Hello Yaro

I am floating the idea of having a get to together for SEQ soloists 6pm Thursday 10 December at Hotel Bravo 455 Brunswick Street – Valley.
    let me know if you are interested for reservations

Gill

bradzo
    • Total posts: 335
    Up

Hi Yaro

Love your blog – I’ve subscribed and am in the process of trying to setup a membership site (amongst other things!) :)

ColourMePurple, post: 18847 wrote:
    Hello Yaro

I am floating the idea of having a get to together for SEQ soloists 6pm Thursday 10 December at Hotel Bravo 455 Brunswick Street – Valley.
    let me know if you are interested for reservations

Gill

Gill
    I’m in – that would be a blast.

Cheers
    Brad

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up

Hey Yaro,

I’ve seen you around the place, although we’ve never been formally introduced – nice to see you on board!

Brad: membership site? Avoid like the plague! They’ll eat you alive! Go continuity instead – more money, longer stick, and once off-work instead of ongoing work … way more sensical!

bradzo
    • Total posts: 335
    Up

Hi Leela

LeelaCosgrove, post: 18858 wrote:
    Brad: membership site? Avoid like the plague! They’ll eat you alive! Go continuity instead – more money, longer stick, and once off-work instead of ongoing work … way more sensical!

Hah! “way more sensical!”
    Loved that.
    :)

I’ll need to start another thread on membership v continuity I think.

Cheers
    Brad

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Hi Yaro,

I visit your blog from time to time too and have recommended your ideas on Pillar Articles to others.

Looking forward to your posts here.

Accounts Studio
    • Total posts: 516
    Up

Hi Yaro

Welcome. Have they upgraded Athens airport yet? I remember being there about 10 yrs ago and the whole place went down in a power cut. I have looked at some of your info before too.
    Happy holidays! Jealous!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.