Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello from Zava Design!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up
    ::

Hi folks,

I’ve made a few posts on the forum but forgot to do the polite thing and introduce myself first, so setting that record straight now!

I’m from Sydney, been working in the web industry for almost 15 years, starting out as a design & Flash developer, but soon moved into project management at “the big end of town”. However around 4 years ago I decided to start my own small, independent studio Zava Design, looking to enjoy my work more working with small & medium sized businesses just like myself. And I must say I do enjoy it far more than working with large corporations, which I think is reflected both in my state of mind but also the quality of my work.

I also love to travel, and am lucky enough that I can spend time overseas while also working, which was definitely not possible when an employee! Highly recommended!

Anyway, hopefully I can contribute in a positive manner to the discussions on this forum, and feel free to drop me a message if you have any questions, either about myself, or about anything within the web industry. I’m a big believer in “paying it forward” with advice & recommendations to other small business owners.

Cheers,
    Dave
    zavadesign.com

OneArmedGraphics
    • Total posts: 314
    Up

(belated) Welcome aboard Dave.

What’s your usual development platform of choice? I’m a WordPress junkie these days – on a moonlighting basis from home. (Or the train, or at Noosa whilst on ‘holiday’ lol)

Cheers,
    Robbie

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

Hey Robbie,

Yep, WordPress here as well, coming out of client demand as much as anything. I’d actually have a preference for building with Expression Engine, but WordPress is much improved these days than it used to be.

Also use Opencart for some ecommerce sites, much better solution than the majority of WordPress ecomm plugins. Right tool for the right job as they say!

Cheers,
    Dave

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Gday Dave,

Welcome aboard the FS forum.

Steve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.