• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    carlywebber
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

My husband and I live with our family in Brisbane and are in the VERY early days of starting a business together.
    A little bit about us personally – I have a background in Accounting & Photography and my husband was a Baker. We have three little ones (all pre-school age) and two have been diagnosed with Autism. In 2013 we both left work to be their full time careers and run their Early Intervention therapy. Their progress has been amazing, and we’re not ready to go back to our jobs just yet. So have been exploring home business ideas…. ones that require very little time away from home.
    We’ve began curating goods for our online store, selling eco-friendly clothing and accessories.
    Joined FS today because we are both pants at Marketing, and our networks and contact with the outside world over the past 12 months was almost non existent – so hoping to pick up some tips on that, and be able to offer whatever knowledge we have that others may find useful.
    We have a bit of a challenge ahead, but we’re used to that and ready to go!
    Hello and thank you for reading, will see you around the forums for sure.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Carly,

It’s nice to meet you!

You guys sound very determined, and I love where you’re heading with your new store.

I ope you pick up heaps of handy marketing info by hanging out with us here, and that you have a great time along the way.
    Jayne

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Something that I have learnt over the years is that networking is invaluable to small business.

You can network online too, if getting out and meeting people is difficult. Just build relationships where people feel comfortable to use your business and refer people to you.

Best wishes and enjoy Flying Solo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.