Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello I’m about to start a skin Care line and need some help :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ladi’da Skin Care
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hello my name is Ally and I am about to launch my skin care line called Ladi’da Skin Care! It is a chemical, paraben, glycerine and sulphate free line consisting only of oils, extracts, water, emulsifyers and a mild preservative, no unnecessary added extras. It is a special skincare as it is for people with dry, sensitive skin who are prone to acne upon use of moisturizers. I started this business because these are the problems I have and have not been able to find anything which moisturizes my dry skin without causing dermatitis or acne. It is a skincare line made by AND tested on people with sensitive and problem skin. But I have hit a bump.

I have an ABN, and have researched everything from NICNAS, am up to date on the guidlines for cosmetic claims, packaging, labelling, hygiene, I have chosen not to register with the TGA as I am going to use cosmetic claims not therapeutic claims, I have chosen an insurance company, but as I am making my moisturizers from home I need to know what permits and licenses I need to register for to make my dream come true. I also wish to do catalogue drops and sell from my home. Please help :)

*New note* I live in WA.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Ally,

I’m sorry, I don’t know the answer to your question (hopefully someone around here will!), but I did want to welcome you to Flying Solo.

Congratulations on putting so much energy into getting the compliance side of your business into shape too, it sounds like you’re nearly set to take on the world.

Love your work!
    Jayne

Ladi’da Skin Care
    Up

Thank you so much Jayne! xx :)

WWDesign
    • Total posts: 56
    Up

Hi Ally,

Very exciting.

I don’t know either, but a local lady (northern NSW) has set up a successful skincare business over many years and would be a wealth of knowledge. http://www.ellyb.com.au

A related business is http://www.ellacoldigoatsmilksoap.com.au/
    Colin and Diane milk their own goats and make soap for sensitive skin.

A polite email to either of these businesses might produce results, or someone on here is bound to be an expert :)

Good luck.

Ladi’da Skin Care
    Up

Thank you so much Dave I will email them right now!

Michael_R
    • Total posts: 130
    Up

Hi,

You should also look maximising your reach by doing some element on e-commerce just to make it easy for people to buy.

You don’t want someone from the other side of the country finding your product and not being able to buy it!

Good luck with getting it going

Ladi’da Skin Care
    Up

Thank you Michael I will do that :)

annemaree fitzgerald
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi,
    make sure your packaging is (really) great and marketing properly targeted. Then for a relatively small fee join http://www.beautydirectory.com.au so the editors can find you. There are many avenues for self promotion in the beauty field and with some good exposure, doors will open to buyers’ in department stores – Priceline, Target, Kmart – all excellent opportunities for national distribution. They are always looking for new beauty brands to stock in their ever expanding beauty sections.

Good luck, I’m sure you’ll succeed with a great product.

AnneMaree
    http://www.marketme.com.au

Ladi’da Skin Care
    Up

Thankyou AnnMaree I have just jumped on and registered and am now waiting for the confirmation email, I can’t wait to see what’s on the site :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.