Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello :) IT Consultant about to fly solo?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vincent B
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi There,

I’ve discovered IT and website making when I was 16yo. 14 years ago. I got really into it and spent most of my free time coding and trying things and making websites and other things.

At the end of my engineering degree I moved from France to Australia, about 5 years ago. I’ve been an IT consultant with a specialty in Agile (Lean approach) and DevOps (Continuous Delivery).
    I had a 1 year break when I decided to live in the bush and ride a mountain-bike across the country following the iconic Bicentennial National Trail.

Back on the (work) horse 9 months ago I got my old gig back but things have changed and it’s time to move on to something different. It’s a good feeling to be free, both exciting and intimidating.

I’ve always dreamt of making my own software product and selling it. It never quite happen. Plenty of ideas when I was young but it takes more than ideas to be successful.
    I could contract as an IT consultant but I now live 4 hours away from Melbourne (East Gippsland) so coaching work is more challenging. Face to Face works better

I’m pondering about the options and want to learn more about business (I’ve become more interested in business and strategy as opposed to pure technic/technology).
    So I’ll browse this form and other pages.
    If you are in the same industry or have any tip and suggestion, please let me know.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi Vincent and welcome to the Forums!

I encourage you to think about those things that will help to make businesses more profitable or save them time – if you can apply your skills to those problems, you might have the makings of a good business.

Thanks for joining and sharing.

shart
    • Total posts: 36
    Up

Hi Vincent,

If you are looking to start a business, I suggest you have a read first about business and strategies so you understand how things work.
    Maybe go to an existing I.T support company as an intern just to see how things are set up.

Good Luck Vincent!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.