Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello – just starting out

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nelson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi everybody

My partner and I are two analytical geeks and we’ve worked for some of the big boys in business both in Australia and abroad and we want to bring what we’ve learned and share it with the small business community. We’re just starting out to see if there’s any appetite for our kind of data analysis. Transforming data sets into meaningful and actionable metrics that drive decisions and results.

Happy to answer any questions anyone may have around all things data and analytics on this forum while we try to find our feet.

Connect with me on Linkedin or visit my Website
    Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

I am very interested in your story. Hope this is not too downbeat but I have seen lots of data analytics people come and go.

On the surface, it seems hard to convince soloers to spend money on this kind of service.

In your shoes, I would investigate businesses a tier below the usual level of company that use such services. They are more likely to both have the money and see the value.

Your thoughts?

Cheers
    ~Paul

Nelson
    Participant
    Up

Hi Paul, thank you and I agree with you, a lot of us tend to get carried away and over-engineer solutions then we spend a lot of time analysing the results just as much as getting the results in the first place.

We’re working based on the saying ‘it’s harder to write a short story’ and trying to simplify the whole process to save time. Kind of like sitting down to eat a big breakfast when you could instead package it together into a sandwich.

We’ll see how we go, so far it’s not easy. But we’ll also look into your suggestion to see if there’s any appetite at the tiers you mentioned, thank you for the suggestion.

Nelson

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi Nelson,

I love the short story analogy – editing is always the most difficult task in writing, and that includes storytelling around your business.

Have you looked into forming relationships with people that can refer to you?

Business Coaches come to mind.

Cheers
    ~Paul

Nelson
    Participant
    Up

Hi Paul,

That’s a wonderful suggestion, never crossed our minds, we’ll explore that! thank you so much

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.