Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello! New & Needing clarity

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jands
    • Total posts: 72
    Up
    ::

Hi there!

I’m new to the business scene and just getting set up to sell loose leaf teas for mums and mums-to-be. I’m a mum to a beautiful 7 month old boy and studying a PhD, so will be fitting the tea business into my “spare time”!

At the moment I’m struggling to decide whether to sell as a wholesaler or directly on ebay. I’m not sure whether anyone on here has any advice about this decision, but I’d love to hear others’ thoughts! Obviously time is a huge factor for me as this is just a little side project.

The product is ready to go, I’ve got samples to send to potential stockists, order forms & product info sheets almost finished, a list of potential stockists… But then I started thinking maybe it would be easier or more profitable on ebay! So now I need to decide which is best and I’m at the point where I just want to get on with it and decide one way or the other and make it happen!

So hello out there to all the business gurus and newbies alike! I hope I can pick all of your brains in the near future :)

jands

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Welcome to our forum Jands.

Selling wholesale is a very competetive area to start off in.

I would be more inclinded to start of on ebay, get to know your market, test prices and see how distribution is, then why not start an eshop. Im sure we have enough experienced and highly qualified IT people here on the forum to either give you advise or build you a site for a very reasonable price.

Phd what subject are you doing?

Congratulations having a son….I have four grand kids I can lend you if you need practice

jands
    • Total posts: 72
    Up

Hi Burgo :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I really appreciate it. My PhD is in Psychology. Hehe I’ll keep your offer in mind in case I have some spare time :)

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up
    Burgo, post: 27052 wrote:
    Congratulations having a son….I have four grand kids I can lend you if you need practice

HAHAHAHAH!!

Congratulations on taking the multiple leaps! I’m loving meeting so many mumpreneurs!

I agree with Burgo, start with ebay to test the waters – see how much you can charge. As your customer base developes, turn it into an online shop whilst still using ebay to generate sales + publicity.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.