Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello soloists :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kimbagirl
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone, my name is Fiona and I’m a busy stay at home Mum to four beautiful kids aged 2 to 11 and I’m re entering the big wide world of business once more after 12 years out of the loop…to be honest I’m itching to start a new biz online and have some great ideas I’m really keen to get moving with but there are quite a few areas that have changed since my first millennium baby so a few things I need to learn and/or brush up on…what a wonderful site going solo is and a great tool for those new to the game, restarting like me or experienced
    One area I have been looking into is drop shipping and am finding it a huge market which is both exciting and daunting at the same time…does anyone have experience in this area and could they recommend a comprehensive user friendly site or good tutorials regarding this form of shipping?

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Hi Kimba! Looking forward to hearing what you plan on selling online :) Lots of fun!

Not sure what Drop Shipping is so you will have to ask someone else – but a big welcome from me!

kya
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Nice to meet you. That is really exciting that you want to get back into the business world and try something for yourself. I wish you all the very best with this venture and I am sure it will turn out wonderful.

I had not heard of Drop Shipping before and did a little ‘googling’. That is an interesting concept. Would you mean that you would store items, or that you would use another location to store them for you?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Fiona,

Nice to meet you – and thanks for joining Flying Solo.

I can tell that your head is buzzing with ideas at the moment, so I hope that hanging out here with us helps you work out where you want to put your energies and start moving towards your goals.

There are some people around here who are very experienced with drop shipping, and I have my fingers crossed some of them will be around shortly to share their comments with you.

It’s lovely to have you on board, and I’m looking forward to getting to know you. :)

Jayne

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Hey Fiona, you made it here! Good to see you. I was just saying on another thread how I met with someone last night and how we had a lovely chat. You will make some great friends here.

Rishi_G
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Fiona, welcome to Flying Solo! Have you shortlisted any products that you would like to drop-ship? If so, you may contact the vendor’s (manufacturer’s) Australian office, or one of their key distributors about how to set up a drop-ship arrangement. You may need to be prepared about giving them an indication of how much stock you expect to book, say in a month.

All the best!

Rishi
    http://www.RishiGraphy.com
    http://www.facebook.com/RishiGraphy

kimbagirl
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Thanks so much everyone for such a warm welcome. What I would love to do is set up an online toy site but I’m really interested in good quality wooden toys so I suppose you could say that is the particular niche I’m interested in. However being such a newbie to the game I’m finding I’m stuck in a bit of a never ending cycle. I love my idea but am fully aware I need to check things out before I go any further. What I wanted to do was look around and see if I could access the toys I want…how much they would cost me and then compare what they are selling for retail. As I don’t have a lot of capital to begin with I think drop shipping may be the way to go, but I am hearing lots of opinions on this…some say it’s risky, shipping is expensive and returns and faulty stock are difficult to deal with…on the other hand many swear by it. Trying to access wholesale/drop shipping websites with no biz name or details (as I haven’t got one yet) is near impossible so I can’t tell if this would be a good idea or not.
    Once I’ve got the hang of this component the rest will be more familiar territory as I have experience in setting up business, running it etc however my company was serviced based when the internet was not so commonplace, plus through my husbands biz we have a good network of contacts for support in regard to set up…just not in this area

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.