Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello! – Starting home based food business in Canberra

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sunita
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    ::

Hi Friends in FS

I am planning to start my home based food business (cakes, cookies etc.) and also ‘Take Home Chef’ business -i.e. Cook at clients place for small parties (30-40 people) in Canberra.

I have found my answers for the Food Business Licensing in Canberra and that is pretty straight forward.

Still in the research phase so lots and lots of questions mostly around how to structure my business – Sole or Company? and other legalities like insurance. I am so glad to have joined this group where I am sure to find answers.

Anyone on the forum from Canberra in similar business, I’d love to connect and get some advice.

Cheers
    Sunita

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Sunita,

Welcome to Flying Solo!

Fire away in a new thread with any specific questions, and in the meantime see an accountant to get your business registration sorted. There are far too many real hurdles in business to get stuck on this one, so get it done right (pay a few $) and move on to the real challenges. :)

Dave

Tracey G
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

Hi Sunita,

I hope you find the answers that you’re looking for, and that your food business takes off!

Cheers,
    Tracey

WiddleCafeOwner
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi Sunita, I think you’ll find the biggest hurdle is getting your kitchen cleared by Health. Let me know if you need any advice, I own a cafe in Canberra:)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.