Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello, starting up a consulting business – some advice on SBMS mentors

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    craftychemist
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone!

I’m trying to start a website that allows businesses in Victoria connect to universities to find the best facilities to test new processes, or patent pending products.Just from asking around the general consensus is that research is expensive! – So I’m trying to do this in a way that even a small to medium sized business can afford it – part of that is through turning them into research projects that count as the compulsory work experience that students need to do in order to graduate. I’ve already supervised a similar project in the past and I’m hoping to expand on that.

So I’m looking for general advice as to who would be the best mentor for a consultant such as myself from the SBMS website – I have a voucher for a session but there are a lot of mentors – some of which are booked for weeks – some of which are available now.

Is it worth waiting for one of the more booked out ones? Does that mean they are recommended the most? Should I just go with the one that looks most aligned with the skills I think I might need?
    Sorry that’s a lot of questions. Anyway this is the SBMS website

Warm regards

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi craftychemist,

That sounds like a great service, and I’m sure you’ll be able to find a market for it.

I’m not sure whether anyone will be able to comment specifically on individuals on that site, but perhaps the community here can help you put together some selection criteria so that you can narrow down the search.

Good luck with it all, and please keep us updated on your progress.

Jayne

The Hobbit
    Participant
    • Total posts: 309
    Up

G’Day Crafty,
    The world of consulting has many pitfalls. We have a manual on the subject, I will send you a PM with a link to the eBook. After purchasing we do offer a free limited six months mentoring via the phone. I hope this is helpful to you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.