• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pickles
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone!

My name is Renee and im in the process of setting up an online shop for eyelash extension supplies in Australia. I have been a member for a while and stalked the forums but have never participated.

I have engaged the services of Blue Penguin to design a logo due to threads which I have read here, which is finalised – and it has given me a new excitement to push things along!

I am a perfectionist so haven’t taken the password off my store front yet, but im feeling like I need to get it out there and perfect everything later. I have tutorials marked to watch for SEO and meta tagging, I want to get this right! The biggest thing I would like to work on before my opening is the photos, they just don’t look good enough for me, so im off to search for some guidance on that.

I am also laid up in bed recovering from ankle surgery, so using this time to get things done!

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi and welcome

Exciting times for you, lucky you can work online with your recent ankle surgery – hope it went well.

Don’t get yourself too hung up on perfection – your site will evolve and grow along with your clients over time.

Perhaps your suppliers will have some professional images to get you started, otherwise it is worthwhile to engage a professional as your website is your store front. All storefronts should be attractive for prospective buyers to feel comfortable and ready to buy.

The most important aspect for any new business is working out a plan to gain customers. Put your focus here and come up with a marketing plan that covers your launch and beyond – 12months at least.

Happy to help you with this

Lindz
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

Welcome to the forums.
    Good to see you using a Flying Solo member for your logo. Looking forward to seeing your site and your logo.

All best,

Lindsay

Wordsmith
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Welcome!
    With regard to SEO, it might be worth engaging an SEO copywriter – there are a few floating around on the forums ;) I, for one, am happy to help.
    In terms of expecting perfection, I agree with MissSassy – your website will evolve as your business develops and that is an exciting thing to watch happen over time, so don’t get too hung up on it at the moment.
    Just make sure all the elements are in place and working, then go live!
    Wishing you a speedy recovery,
    Kirsty

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Renee,

Welcome to Flying Solo!

I’ll add another vote for making your site live. You may get lots of sales, or you may get none, but both are better today than in 6 months.

Keep us posted and feel free to post your site for review when it’s ready.

Good luck!

Dave

RICHSTUDENT
    • Total posts: 24
    Up
    pickles, post: 189862 wrote:
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Renee and im in the process of setting up an online shop for eyelash extension supplies in Australia. I have been a member for a while and stalked the forums but have never participated.

I have engaged the services of Blue Penguin to design a logo due to threads which I have read here, which is finalised – and it has given me a new excitement to push things along!

I am a perfectionist so haven’t taken the password off my store front yet, but im feeling like I need to get it out there and perfect everything later. I have tutorials marked to watch for SEO and meta tagging, I want to get this right! The biggest thing I would like to work on before my opening is the photos, they just don’t look good enough for me, so im off to search for some guidance on that.

I am also laid up in bed recovering from ankle surgery, so using this time to get things done!

Hi Renee,

Welcome to the forum, btw have you done some research before starting your online shop?

SEO by itself takes time, and that’s if you’re working with someone who knows what they’re doing with it.. and also the keyword searches per month, you need to check if there are many searches per day for your targeted keywords, and how many competitors there are..

Besides, you’ll have to know a bit about online promotion techniques, you can target people through Facebook graph marketing..

Youtube marketing,

PPC campaigns (pay per click)

Creating trade shows, etc

They all cost money…

If you want cost efficient ways to market then you’ll need to do research on that first.

To Your Success,

Dave

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.