Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hello! We make free websites – Would love some marketing ideas!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SuperMinimal
    • Total posts: 21
    Up
    ::

Hi All

My partner and I have started a web hosting business and to get started we are giving away free websites to other small businesses for hosting cost only ($121 + gst) ! We have had quite a few people join up so far but we are ready for more. I’ve been marketing on Gumtree by directly contacting people, doing some Facebook advertising and have also made some flyers up.. any other ideas that are quite cost effective?

I’ve found that the biggest hurdle so far is that people think our offer is too good to be true.. would love some feedback on how this issue might be tackled!

You can see more about our project along with FAQ’s and some examples of free sites already made on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/freewebsiteproject

Thanks heaps

Annabel

Mary Gardam
    • Total posts: 192
    Up

Hi Annabel,

Welcome. I notice you had a rather tense introduction into the forum. I wanted to reassure you that we really are a friendly bunch here however we are also protective of our forum in equal measure.

In the notices section near the top of every page is a link to the forum guidelines and some sections also have additional guidelines and prompts, it’s a good idea to take a few minutes to read through them so that everyone is on the same page.

You can be sure that everyone here is very generous and willing to help out.

See you around the forum.

Mary

HBC Advisory
    • Total posts: 24
    Up

Hello Annabel,

I think when some-thing is for free – People might not value it enough or even question quality of the product.

I am not a marketing guru buy say think of charging $121.00 + gst for webdesign and give hosting free!! – Also put a value on hosting for E.g. Free Hosting worth $100 or so!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.