Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Help – Canton Fair vs Mega Show

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rico Tarantino
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone out there may be able to help.

This October I am taking my first trip to China to visit a trade fair and would like some advice on which fair I should go to – The Canton Fair OR The Mega Show?

My business partner and I are looking to source suppliers for:

Fitness Products
    Clothing (t shirts, tracksuits, sports shoes)
    Gifts
    Electronics

Because of the dates we can only spend 10 days in the region and would like to know which of the shows you guys recommend?

In an ideal world we would visit both but it’s not possible.

looking forward to any advice.

Thanks

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

If it is only a choice of one then the obvious one for me would be the Canton Fair.

I wrote something brief about visiting fairs here:-

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140909020718-169973897-global-product-sourcing-visiting-trade-fairs?trk=mp-reader-card

Just as importantly though in my view, I remember my first visit to a trade fair and I was all wide eyed and naïve about the whole thing.

It really does pay to narrow down your expectations before you go as it is easy to be sidetracked. Everything you may not have seen before (and there will be plenty) seems like the next big thing, but isn’t. So preparation is also important. (Perhaps previewing and contact prospective exhibitors beforehand etc.)

IMEX Sourcing Services2
    • Total posts: 42
    Up

As big as the Mega Show is, Canton Fair is still bigger which means more choices! Also if you are looking into building relationships with possible supplier and/or visiting your current suppliers; the Canton Fair is in GZ in China where most of the manufacturers are located, whilst the mega show is in Hong Kong, and most of the factories are not located in Hong Kong. ;)

elisabethwang
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi All,
    This is Elisabeth Wang. I am providing translation, assistance, and marketing service in China and in US. I am born and raised in Guangzhou. Graduated from Guangdong University of Foreign Studies. I worked as a trade and investment officer at the western cosulate general in Guangzhou and worked in Marketing in US.
    If you have any questions about Guangzhou. Please contact me at
    [email protected]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.