Home – New Forums Other discussions Help.. could only find old post re refunds…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

Would love a little nudge in the right direction please…

Does anyone clearly know what arises with online sales and returns of products? i know a lot has change of late and not sure i am across it.

Main body of query… offering a money back guarantee… is the seller under any obligation to refund the cost of freight on goods returned for refund?

Ty

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Have a look around the ACCC website – most of what you need to know regarding the new laws is in there somewhere.

Wendy :)

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Thanks Wendy

I did have a run through it,,, oh boy, interpretation is interesting.. guess we just need to remember that the consumer has the law stacked on their side.. mind you not saying that is a bad thing.. its just when you come across an ‘awkward’ client that pushes the boundaries of the law, it makes an interesting read….

Still a little ambiguous.. there is a statement re returning goods that goes like this:

ask the supplier to collect the
    rejected goods, if the goods cannot
    be returned without significant cost
    to the consumer.

What is ‘significant cost’.. is it a percentage value of the said item, etc etc.. i may have to call to clarify as i cant find that definition…

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.