Home – New Forums Starting your journey help for trying to start your own shop W.Sydney

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kath Latorre
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

We are opening a new concept centre in Western Sydney designed to help small businesses start up their own shop in an environment of support and networking.
    Rent is just $60 to $160 per week with 40 other small businesses under one roof to alleviate expenses, marketing etc.
    Contact Kathy 0425 366 727 [email protected] to get more details.

HBTRADE
    • Total posts: 125
    Up

Oddly enough, I had been having similar thoughts. Which area were you considering? I could be interested…

Spider
    • Total posts: 95
    Up

Good idea, what specific industry will you be targeting though?
    I assume the industries would have to be related since there are only 40 or so businesses being dispayed, so need to target a specific market/audience?

Seen this work very well with building products, and it should generate good sales for those participating.

HBTRADE
    • Total posts: 125
    Up

No real reason for it to be for a specific industry.

It could be done similar to an undercover market – each small stand may have something different. Small businesses where it is not practical to have a full shop to yourself.

This would at least bring in a range of people that may look at the other stands, rather than just one type of customer.

Spider
    • Total posts: 95
    Up
    HBTRADE, post: 82616 wrote:
    No real reason for it to be for a specific industry.

It could be done similar to an undercover market – each small stand may have something different. Small businesses where it is not practical to have a full shop to yourself.

This would at least bring in a range of people that may look at the other stands, rather than just one type of customer.

Personally, I’d rather have 10 customers daily who all buy something rather than 100 timewasters, of which maybe ony 5 purchase something.

90% of customers who walk into our outlet purchase, and they are usually substantial purchases too.

I guess it comes down to your target market and if you like quality customers over quantity……

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.