Home – New Forums Tech talk Help needed changing the MYOB payment terms field

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tf22raptor
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

This has bugged me for years. I currently run MYOB business basics and on my payment terms field it always shows (if the payment term is 14days) on the printed out invoice it will always show (NET 14). How do I get it to show (14 Days) or how do I remove the NET bit altogether and I will simply setup a text label on the form that says days?

Anyone with any ideas?

Any help would be great

traceynewman
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Hi there – have you tried the customize forms area? I think you could delete the existing field and then insert your desired text along with the relevant database field.

If you need any help with this, feel free to give me a call. You can find my details on my website http://www.traceynewman.com.au

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

All MYOB versions work similarly.
    I remove those completely from the invoice and just add a line.

Depending on your version, go to Setup/Customise Forms/Invoices and choose the one you want to edit. In editing mode you can remove all the items you don’t want (just move them off the page to the right if they don’t delete.
    Then save the form or save it as a new form if you want multiple versions.

tf22raptor
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Tracey thanks for the reply.

Yes I am using a custom form. The field that gives me the trouble is “Terms”

I was thinking I might be able to overlay a plain white image over the first part of the terms field (where it says NET) to cover it.

Was hoping there might be a way to do it inside the program where you can assign your terms, unfortuantley there are no options that will just give a number only.

See how I go thanks again

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Further to my note above see PDF on link.
    You can delete and add both text and other fields.
    Leave a comments area in.

Back in MYOB, edit the Customer Comments section where you can add various comments and choose the one you want for that particular invoice.
    eg Terms 7 days – immediate payment required
    Terms 14 days

or whatever you require.

Click here for pdf

@HeatherSmithAU
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

Lots of great advice here.

Have you had a look at the article I wrote on FLYING SOLO :-

Business invoicing: How to create an invoice

If you are tinkering with the payment terms, can I plant a seed – could you improve your cashflow, and reduce your payment terms? Could you drop down to NET 7 or could you even go to COD?

I work with 100’s of clients and encourage them to do this, many protest it can not be done, but in 95% of cases we do it, it works, and their cashflow is improved.

Good Luck!

soliddata
    • Total posts: 392
    Up

yep thats right – use it as a trigger to pull in your terms. As small business owners we have a tendency to let our payment terms become loose, because we are all nice people. If our terms are more rigid on our invoices then we can feel less worried about enforcing it.

Kevin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.