Home Forums Tech talk Help needed: Point of Sales Solution

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jos55h
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi,

I’m looking for a very simple app based point of sales solution for use with a tablet in store. What i need from the application is to require a customer form be filled out detailing the customers name, contact details and their booking time prior to taking payment. My business is competition based so it is critical to have an audit trail between the potential competition winner and their payment.

Based on my investigations to date, the likes of Square and Lightspeed don’t seem to provide this feature. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up
    jos55h, post: 268654, member: 117096 wrote:
    Hi,

I’m looking for a very simple app based point of sales solution for use with a tablet in store. What i need from the application is to require a customer form be filled out detailing the customers name, contact details and their booking time prior to taking payment. My business is competition based so it is critical to have an audit trail between the potential competition winner and their payment.

Based on my investigations to date, the likes of Square and Lightspeed don’t seem to provide this feature. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

If I’ve understood your question properly, then I think you can do it easily with Google G Suite.

I’ve used it in a similar way for a different purpose;

Client needed to collect attendance data and question consumers on satisfaction surveys (Q & A).

The info needed to be collected by people who are not computer literate (understatement)…but being phone addicts they could use touch screens…so had to be usable on a tablet (or phone for that matter).

Building the forms is easy and intuitive to do and they display properly on anything that can run a browser.

There’s an option to put them in “kiosk” mode i.e. it locks it down so only the form displays and users can’t fiddle with it.

You just hand it over, customer client does the rest.

Here’s the cool bit…all the data automagically goes to an integrated spreadsheet. It’s date and timestamped with all the info you collected. If you want it to, it’ll give you all sorts of graphical data reports, straight out of the box.

If needed you can embed them in a website using an iFrame link.

I’ve mainly used it for creating contact forms for a website, collects all contact data in a spreadsheet (handy for CRM stuff), sends me an email as soon as there’s a hit on the form. The added bonus is instills confidence imo in the user because it’s got Google verification of the authenticity of the forms owner.

Hope that helps.

jos55h
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thanks for the detailed response, Greg. I’ll look into it.
    Do you know if this solution could be integrated with a card payment processing system?

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up
    jos55h, post: 268667, member: 117096 wrote:
    Thanks for the detailed response, Greg. I’ll look into it.
    Do you know if this solution could be integrated with a card payment processing system?

That was outside the scope I was using it for, so the short answer is, I don’t know.

G Suite is a very powerful beast much more than just Cloud office software and there’s heaps of add on apps that integrate and they’ve just bought out these guys and integrated them into Google Cloud;

https://www.appsheet.com/

Some research and I think it could be done, whether it’s worth the effort would be down to time and cost (and if there’s a better solution already out there).

Under $9 AU a month for full business access isn’t a bad starting point.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.