Home Forums Starting your journey help please!!!!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    emshem
    • Total posts: 5

Hi everyone,
    My name is Emily and I am 24 years old. I will be opening a one-stop wedding shop soon selling everything except Wedding dresses. I am looking for advice on how I can market my store to other businesses (photographers, cake makers, other businesses involved in the wedding industry) etc and how I can charge them to advertise their work in the store. For example, I am thinking that I can charge photographers to include some of their wedding photos in a portfolio that stays in store for customers to look at and compare photographers, possibly an Ipad or computer for customers to view videographers work, similar portfolio’s for florists, cake makers etc as they cannot have their items in store. I am not sure how to go about marketing this idea to businesses and how much to charge.
    My website is http://www.allaboutweddingstasmania.com.au if you wanted to get an idea of the business directory.
    Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Emily

neek0la

I think you should find some quality photographers, advertise them in your store, and get a commission if the client proceeds with them.

emshem

great idea, thanks neek0la!

Elizabeth-FE
    • Total posts: 127

Hi Emily,
    The key will be building and growing a substantial data base / community so that you have platform that offers the other businesses real value and entices them to advertise with you.

A paid directory would also work – So that each supplier / service can list their details and profile and have a link back to their own website / contact details.

You could also offer ‘guest blogs’ and ‘Interviews’ with Supplier / Service providers so that they gain exposure to your data base….

But you have to build the data base as a priority which means you need interesting content yourself to attract consumers planning or thinking about a wedding.

Also I would collaborate with Wedding Dress Designers / Boutiques again to drive traffic to your site and offer the added values wedding services / products.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
    Elizabeth

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.