Home – New Forums Tech talk HELP PLEASE: how to automate sending (pre-written) emails to subscriber list?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    1phil.choi
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I’m planning on starting a new side project where I provide practice questions to students free.

My offer to users/students
    1. User subscribes to my offer (free practices questions) via my website
    2. User receives one question per day via email.

I need help on finding the right apps/programs to automate [1] the collection and storage of user emails, [2] sending out daily emails (with different questions) to the user emails.

Process in detail:
    1. I create and add practice questions to some list/database
    2. Users subscribe to my offer via a form on my website
    3. User is sent one question per day via a email
    4. A ‘program’ recognizes what question to send to each user (as I don’t want a user to be sent the same question twice)
    5. Users have the option of a paid membership which will entitled them to the answer/worked solution of each question.

I’d appreciate any advice or been pointed in the right direction,

Thank you
    Phil

Tim Firman
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi Phil,

I can highly recommend Zapier for process automation. Rather than trying to find a single program that does everything you want, Zapier simply provides a simple way to connect the web applications you already use. You can then visually map out the process and conditions through which those programs operate with each other. Little technical knowledge required, and you can build in quite a bit of IF/THEN conditions.

Currently Zapier is automating around 20K tasks for my company every month.

Carlos Moreno
    Participant
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Hi @1phil-choi!

As Tim says Zapier is a good example but if you’d rather have a specific tool for email marketing I would recommend you MailerLite or Mailchimp. Discover here an example of an automation with MailerLite: https://www.morhe.xyz/en/email-marketing-on-talent-search/

It depends on the use you would like to do, if it is just to send one question per day and user maybe automation with Zapier, automate.io or ifttt can be a better solution.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Carlos

Best regards, Carlos Moreno More about... Me Business Digitalization
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.