Home – New Forums Starting your journey Help setting up a charity

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Erik
    • Total posts: 45
    Up
    ::

I’m in the starting phases of setting up a new charity – and would like to see if anyone is interested in getting involved.

Bit of background; my mother (62), is currently in the end phases of her battle with brain cancer. She was diagnosed in November, and was admitted to a hospice 2 months later, and is basically in a vegetative state.

The work of the volunteers has made the process bearable; without them, it would have been an absolute nightmare.

There are plenty of charities out there who provide support to those who are battling terminal illnesses etc, but I can’t really find anything which supports, acknowledges and rewards those who tirelessly, and selflessly provide their time and energy to help and support people like me who are going through these troubling times.

The purpose of the charity will be to let others identify those charity workers who are doing great things; I will feature them on the site, and then source “rewards” for these charity workers.

What I am looking for is a web designer to create a relatively simple (but slick looking!) website. In an ideal world, the person would do the work for free; I’d be offering big props on the site for the designer.

Also, if anyone would like to be involved in any other capacity, please either contact me via this site, or email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks for reading!

Erik
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

Bump

Noone interested at all?

I’m a bit surprised … as I’m always reading designers on here begging for work. This is a great opportunity to get nationwide exposure.

Come on guys … :)

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

I empathise with your situation – cancer has taken precious members of our family as well with one ongoing. You might find the following pages helpful in setting up a charity (if you haven’t seen the already).

Starting a Charity (Govt website)
    http://www.olgr.nsw.gov.au/charitable_info_start_charity.asp

Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission
    http://www.acnc.gov.au/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.