Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Help!! Who knew giving something away was so difficult

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    byrneck
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone..

So one of our lines we sell is $40RRP Resin Art Kit with a buy price of $20, the price and product are great, no issues there. Once a retailer try the product they are really happy and often come back for more.

We are struggling to get more retailers on board, we currently are giving away the kit for free for new customers but it’s finding those customers that’s proving to be challenging.

Mailchimp EDM:
    https://mailchi.mp/c0b1a2df987d/your…art-kit-671637

We have email outs that return a 35% read rate, 1-2% click rate. This is slowly working but we have exhausted that database (unless we phone them)

Cold calling surprising is effective we have found, I think it’s more because we are giving it away no strings. This is time consuming though, but we will continue down this method for the minute.

Interested in new, cost effective strategies you can think of and would really appreciate your input. Also if I do advertise on facebook, youtube, Google can I target retail stores only?

Thanks

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi byrneck,

I think in recent years the power of ‘free’ has really been diminished on the age of freemium content etc, where everyone seems to be giving away something for free in return for something – often data or permission to then sell. So broadly speaking people are skeptical.

I can’t see your email link? But if calling direct is working for you it may be worth the effort continuing with that, especially if it helps not just give away the sample but also leads to ongoing sales. One or two really good repeat distributors over the longterm would be worth the effort.

Cheers, Peter

RunicConvenience
    • Total posts: 186
    Up

where do we find your resin art kits online i never see them that cheap

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

If I get an email saying something is free, it gets deleted, mulched, gone.

And speaking to a lot of people, free is just SPAM, I know it’s not, but it’s just a way for business to suck people in. Offer something that is real.

AdamStewart
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

What Facebook marketing have you done?
    I know the struggles of email marketing now.

I would try Facebook Marketing targeted to that same email list you sent out, you will get a much better response. Also your product would work very well on Instagram too. I would try to follow and DM as many accounts that are into art and are your ideal customer.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    AdamStewart, post: 262801, member: 111875 wrote:
    I would try Facebook Marketing targeted to that same email list you sent out, you will get a much better response.

Why, what basis do you make this comment.

AdamStewart
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    bb1, post: 262806, member: 53375 wrote:
    Why, what basis do you make this comment.
    The open rates and click-through rates on email are so much lower. I have done identical ads on email and received 0 leads. Ran that same advert on Facebook to the same audience and received 30+ leads.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.