Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Help with a slogan

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    MumsDelivery
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

I am about to put sign writing on my car and need help in creating a slogan to go under the logo that will capture the attention of mums and inspire them to visit MumsDelivery. I am finding this particularly hard to do as the website is so broad and offers so much…

Essentially we are a niche online directory for mums where they can find products/services that will be delivered to their door or performed at their home, as well as child friendly activities and facilities within their area (using our postcode locator tool). We also provide product reviews, competitions and are about to embark on a series of long weekend trips to Inspire Family Camping (hence the need for sign writing) for our Family Travel section.

So far I have thought of:
    Making motherhood simple
    Everything delivered to your door (although I believe this confused people as they think we do the delivering)
    Everything online for mums
    What’s on, in and delivered to your area

Some of the key values that MumsDelivery provides for our target market are the convenience to gather all their information in one spot, to be able to quickly and easily find suppliers in search results that will service their area. Our aim is to provide a website that will help mum fulfil her needs and reduce time pressures, enabling her to have more quality family or me time.

Thank you so much for your assistance!!!

Kind Regards,

Lorraine

_Sarah_
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

For me I might be inclined to play on the Mum aspect of your name…something like Trust Mum to get it done…or something like that. If your business is all about resolving situations it works.

Of your suggestions I feel making motherhood simple is the strongest as it’s relating to both your client and your business.

The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up

ok heres a brainstorm- some ideas a half ideas but may get others to think of things

the one stop shop for….

Making mums job easier and stress free

Take the stress out of being a mum

Help for Mums Guaranteed

Mums stuff Guaranteed

Ezy Mums

everything mum Directory

we help mums be better mums

everything to help mums

we have the solution to all your mum problems

learn to be a better mum

I don’t know they are just ideas, I think for a car ad you want it simple and pre digested in the fact that they look once and understand it straight away- if they have to think about it they probably wont because they are thinking of a bunch of other things

streamline solidify crystalize the communication process

Neill
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

How about

http://www.mumsdelivery.com.au
    Quick. Easy. Convenient!

It’s short and punchy. Not necessarily imaginative but it get’s your message across simply which is key.

Regards, Neill

Neill

liteon
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

I like one of your first ones but I would change it just slightly.

Motherhood Made Simple.

Chances are if there is a Mum out there driving around in her car she is quite possibly out there taking kids to school, doing the shopping or doing > so you probably want something that is easy to remember and actually communicates what you are trying to do and thats make their lives a little bit easier.

Im neither a marketing person or a mum but that was my take on it :)

calebmarshall
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

I think a focus on detailing what they can expect.

MumsDelivery.com.au
    Everything for Mum at Her Fingertips

or

MumsDelivery.com.au
    Essentials For Mum All at One Place

Just some quick thoughts :)

MumsDelivery
    Up

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your feedback – it is great to see the ideas and they help create some more of my own, amalgamating what you have said. I think that your points liteon are spot on – I want the mother to see it and understand what it is and why she should visit the site – I like the change you made to what I had – I think it reads better!

Neill I actually had something similar to what you have suggested on the site so I see your point, however I think it is too broad and doesn’t explain why the mum should go to the site.

Thanks for your list Infotainer – I love lots of suggestions – it helps stimulate my brain further. (P.S. How did you go at the Business Expo?)

Here are my top choices – which one do you vote for?
    Mum’s Essentials Online
    Motherhood Made Simple
    Mum’s Online Directory
    Everything for Mums
    Mum’s Central Online
    Search Directory for Mums
    The Directory for Mums
    Mums Directory Online
    The directory for busy mums
    A haven for busy mums

Thanks!

Lorraine

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

After looking at your website I think …

L-Plater
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

I think with it being printed on a vehicle the slogan needs to be as informative as you can get with a one-liner. Quite often my husband and I pass ‘branded’ vehicles on the road and think ‘huh?’ as the business name nor the slogan gives you any hint or clue as to what the business may offer and whether it’s relative to you.

So I would go something like:

Mums Delivery
    Bringing convenience to you.

Mum Delivery
    Providing the convenience that mums desire!

Sorry I just saw you narrowed down the list, in that case my vote would be for:

daydreamer
    • Total posts: 100
    Up

I think you really have to spell it out too, rather than being too creative… especially on a van which one might see for 30 seconds or less.

Therefore I would be inclined to go with “Mum’s Online Directory” or “Search Directory for Mums”, so people can understand what you offer immediately.

MsLilyPonds
    • Total posts: 264
    Up

A tag line is a really really important part of your branding… I would look at it a bit more scientifically. First you should create your positioning statement and then choose something very memorable that sums it all up.

Your pos statement is two or three lines that describes:

1. What you do
    2. Who you do it for
    3. Why it’s useful
    4. What is the unique benefit to customers

So – Mums Delivery is an online database that simplifies the search for delivery based firms relevant to the “at home, mobility impared or new mother” market. It provides a quicker, easier, centralised place that saves precious time – or whatever you decide.

From there you need to decide what is the essence of that statement.

In essence you make convenience more convenient.

MumsDelivery
    Up

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your help with this – it really is great to hear the feedback! L -Plater I really liked your sayings and then had to agree with daydreamer that on the car it really has to be narrowed down so that passers by get what it is in a second so I think I am going to go for:

MumsDelivery

MsLilyPonds – thanks for your thoughts – it was really interesting to see your comments and the slightly different spin on who my target market could be!

Best wishes to all!

Lorraine

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.